Ummmm... where's our Eurodam thread?

MattInFLL

Glad to see a new thread forming for the cruise. I keep saying only 10 more working days to go (Sadly, we fly out on the Friday ... so working to the last minute).

Anyhow, it's too bad that all that great info is now gone. I've been learning so much about cruising, and this cruise in general. We're both RSVP new-bies and cruise new-bies. But I'm glad all of that Wayne stuff is gone. I found it a bit creepy.

Anyhow, hope everyone finds this thread and continues the great banter. We're looking forward to meeting at the Sunday gathering.

Cheers!

Peter and Richard

(not to be confused with Boytje and Richard!)

Anyhow, hope everyone finds this thread and continues the great banter. We're looking forward to meeting at the Sunday gathering.

Now if only I can get the date in the title fixed...

Cheers!

Peter and Richard

(not to be confused with Boytje and Richard!)

I think I was here first, you will have to get different names! :D

Matt,

As the original poster, perhaps you have some influence in getting the thread back up.

HOPE SO !

Perhaps there is an appeal process or popular vote, or any other official process, just hypothesizing ???

As of very early this morning (5:00 AM) the newest post was a very apologetic "Mea Culpa" from w****122. and I thought that would be the end of it.

Did anyone else read anything posted after that ?

Don't know for sure why it was pulled, but if my rebuttals too him are to blame, I want to share what I just posted on Peter's new thread : : : :

Peter,

I am profoundly sorry if I am to blame for the loss of the thread.

Perhaps the monitor read only superficially and just thought enough is enough.

If I were the monitor I would at lest read in detail and have the offending poster banned, not the whole 3100+ posts.

And perhaps I am the offending poster for which I apologize from the depths of my soul.

Is there any appeal ?

Is there any action I should OR should not take ??

In sternly reacting to *****122's trying to sink our boat, I may have been ultimately responsible for accomplishing his goal.

Will the rest of the posters ever forgive me ?

I don't know if I should even show my face at the M&G.

And I was so looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting the newbies.

I will follow your advice on this.

Remorsefully,

r.

God! I guess I missed all the drama. I saw the initial post by that dude, put in my two cents and forgot about it. It was all pretty silly. Don't get the pulling the thread part, but then again it's not all that major - at least to me.

As a newbie, I kinda skipped over most of the stuff posted and extracted the meat. I think any of you guys can post some basic info (parties, meet and greets, fun stuff) and let the newbies find their way around. Hell, on non-gay cruises we've just kinda gone with the flow and still had tons of fun...can't imagine this one would be any different.

As far as I'm concerned Tamaracboy - no need to apoligise. I'm sure we'll all live through it.:)

Ps. I've never heard of Abigal or that song...And I DJ.

eeeps... the whole thread gone :( It must have been more poor rendition of Dolly Parton's 2 Doors Down in my last comment to MNHippie... I know better not to sing out of the shower :P

In any case, it's the pits to lose all the info on the previous thread but we'll make do.

10 more days til touch down in FLL ***happy***

As far as I'm concerned Tamaracboy - no need to apoligise. I'm sure we'll all live through it.:)

He made some very unnecessary insults to the fine members of this board, including yourselves.

I posted two rebuttals to his negativism and also revealed his true identity.

There were some complementary comments from me defending you. ;)

Reuel

Ps. I've never heard of Abigal or that song...And I DJ.

The song was HUGE in the late 90's particularly the Thunderpuss remixes :)

Boy does this song bring back some hazy memories lol :D

Now if only I can get the date in the title fixed...

I think I was here first, you will have to get different names! :D

Peters & Richards et al, not that any of YOU 4 are common, but I can imagine quite a number of equivalent pairings out there. ;)

Some might even go by "Richard & Peter" OMG ! :eek:

But I'm willing to bet that I am the first and only Reuel you've ever come across (at least on CC). :cool:

You are all still Roses in my book ! :D

Does anybody vote for "Pete & Rick" to distinguish the newer couple ? :confused:

Welcome P & R, and don't forget about the M&G Sunday 1:00 PM, cruise cards, Donald's CC directory for the cruise, and all the other stuff lost from the previous thread.

Reuel

I will hold out hope that Tyler is enjoying his Saturday and that is why we have not heard back from him... although I also sent a note to "Laura S" the overall manager of the boards and got an auto reply about how decisions to remove posts are permanent and they won't even reply.. so I am not feelling positive about getting our thread back.

Oh well - we will survive this bizarre decision if that's what it comes to.

Hello All-Just home from work-a lot has happened apparently. My only concern is that now two threads have been started, one by you, Matt. And the other by Peter. I would make a motion that if we can not get the older thread back, then we move over to the thread Peter started, only because the title more closely approximates the original title created a year ago, and therefore will be easier to find, especially for newbies.

I will hold out hope that Tyler is enjoying his Saturday and that is why we have not heard back from him... although I also sent a note to "Laura S" the overall manager of the boards and got an auto reply about how decisions to remove posts are permanent and they won't even reply.. so I am not feelling positive about getting our thread back.

Oh well - we will survive this bizarre decision if that's what it comes to.

Matt,

One possible solution along the lines of Jim and Bill's suggestion would be to have you (or anyone) post a "final" post so that it remains at the top, with something like "consolidating the threads, please follow this link : "

then put a link to the other thread.

And hopefully Peter will have some luck with getting the 2009 change.

Just a possible suggestion, since no one, especially me, wants to take anything away from you.

I don't even know if the OP can even close a thread to new posts.

With any luck the movement towards a "merge" will happen.

Either way, thanks to both you and Peter for keeping us alive,

Reuel

Not sure if you are aware, but we have a Meet & Greet for those on this board at the Silk Den scheduled for 1 p.m. on Sunday Feb. 22.

We will definitely be dressing for the parties...it is more fun that way!

I'd definately say, if you don't dress up for at least one party... and the underwear and leather parties are EASY to prepare for IMHO, your going to regret it. IT is really alot of fun to see what everyone comes up with. There has been some CRAZY outfits from years past.

Speaking of which, if anyone knows GERT, please tell her to dress up. I heard a rumor that she wasn't. And her outfits were pretty amazing.

Abigail is awesome. Leather night, outside would ROCK.

I am pretty much "packed". I need to go through the pile one last time and double check, and make a list of what I need left to get.

Well, I guess we just wait and see what happnes... either Tyler does the right thing and restores the original thread or we do a merge of these... whatever happens we sail in two weeks and most will know about our meet and greet on Sunday and take it from there...

Although I have to admit I kind of like the "where's our thread" post since it points out how ridiculous it is that the thread was removed in the first place. But whatever works best is fine with me.

Just a thought based on comments concerning possible entertainers and their songs from out of the past.

Not counting songs that relate to your spouse......and your relationship:

are there any tunes that immediately bring back memories either good, bad, funny...

in other words.....tune= flashback.

For me, whenever a radio station digs out Donna Summers singing Love to love you baby.....flashback. I know exactly when I first heard that song on the radio, where I was, who I was with, the day of the week, the time of day and what I was doing:cool::cool::cool:

Its amazing how sounds, smells or songs can take you immediately to a place you had forgotten.

Anyone else equate a song with "a moment" in time?

The other song is "Nearer my God to thee"...the band played that as I was thrown into a life boat on that damn Hhite Star liner back in 1912.....boy was it cold that night...and what some people were wearing....dreadful.

Just imagine what they would play if we had to evacuate the Eurodam....:rolleyes:...and what some of you would be wearing....or not wearing n the case of some:D

Just a thought based on comments concerning possible entertainers and their songs from out of the past.

are there any tunes that immediately bring back memories either good, bad, funny...

For me, whenever a radio station digs out Donna Summers singing Love to love you baby.....flashback. I know exactly when I first heard that song on the radio, where I was, who I was with, the day of the week, the time of day and what I was doing

Its amazing how sounds, smells or songs can take you immediately to a place you had forgotten.

Anyone else equate a song with "a moment" in time?

The other song is "Nearer my God to thee"...the band played that as I was thrown into a life boat on that damn Hhite Star liner back in 1912.....boy was it cold that night...and what some people were wearing....dreadful.

Just imagine what they would play if we had to evacuate the Eurodam....and what some of you would be wearing....or not wearing n the case of some

Well it would just have to be "Love The One You're With" now wouldn't it ?

The rest of my post as to what & where etc. is auto censored . . . :D :eek: :D :eek:

r.

Wham's Careless Whisper - walking down Kalver Straat in Amsterdam. I hear it and bam, I am back there. :)

Just imagine what they would play if we had to evacuate the Eurodam....:rolleyes:...and what some of you would be wearing....or not wearing n the case of some:D

It's raining men? In green sarongs...

Archived