Beach Suggestions

abenaki

We were in Dominica last week and went to The Cove. It's a beach bar with food on a black sand beach. They even had a water trampoline. It was a $10.00pp taxi ride from the pier. We went to Champagne Reef in the morning and the snorkeling was great. But it's definitely not a beach for just swimming. It's made up of large rocks.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Cove is fairly new. It certainly looked it. They also had a couple of waver runners to rent. They had food which was mostly just wings, sandwiches etc. The water seemed clean and a 12 year old would enjoy the water trampoline. The restrooms were extremely clean. We didn't take our camera that day so no pics. I definitely think you could be happy there for a few hours. Although, I don't remember seeing chairs on the beach. It is a small beach.

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for beaches but wondered if Champagne Reef was worthwhile...

Anne

We did it on a taour a couple of yrs. ago. Read about taking a taxi there, which we will do on March 3rd on Victory. Then we will have taxi take us other places Screws Sulpher Spa, then back to ship pool

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for beaches but wondered if Champagne Reef was worthwhile...

Anne

Anne, we were at Champagne Reef for the first time just 2 wks ago and I found it very worthwhile. I knew about the bubbles and thought that was the one and only attraction and so was pleasantly surprised to find that the snorkeling was quite good with a nice variety of fish and coral. It is a rocky shore, so plot out your entry beforehand. There are a few large rocks that you can use for stepping stones that will help keep your feet from getting too sore from the pebbles.

We were in Dominica last week and went to The Cove. It's a beach bar with food on a black sand beach. They even had a water trampoline. It was a $10.00pp taxi ride from the pier. We went to Champagne Reef in the morning and the snorkeling was great. But it's definitely not a beach for just swimming. It's made up of large rocks.

Was there good snorkeling at the Cove?

Retiredandhappy.....LUCKY YOU!!!! We are planning the Champagne reef and i was thinking The Cove. Whereabouts on the island are these located in relation to the pier??? I am trying to get a distance idea. THANKS!!!

BTW, their web site has not much to say, it is not fully running yet.

I don't know if they have chairs to rent or not. Champagne reef is to the right from the pier and The Cove is to the left. So, they're in opposite directions. We did the ships tour to Champagne reef where we snorkeled from a catamaran. When we got back we took a taxi to the Cove and mainly stayed in the open air bar listening to music and having lunch and drinks. But some in our group did go in the water and out onto the water trampoline. Everyone had a great time. I don't know if they have snorkeling there or not as no one in our group tried to snorkel there. The Cove looked very new and we only heard about it from someone on the cruise staff as a fun place to go. At first the taxi driver did not want to take us there and tried to get us to go on a tour. He later said The Cove was owned by some rich people and it didn't help out him or his friends.

Archived