NCL babysitting - can anyone verify?

katondeck

The "family cruising" article on the main page of CC says that NCL offers in-room babysitting. This is the first I have heard of this, infact I had heard just the opposite. I did not see any mention of it on NCL's site but I have to admit I do not find thier site as helpful as several of the other cruiselines.

Can anyone verify if this is true or not?

Thank you!

Kate

• 2 weeks later...

They do have camps for kids. But most camps start at age 2- a few start at age 3.

SOme offer the camps on the day of a port call but its only until noon. I think you should post this on the NCL board. They could be more help to you there.

We just went on the NCL Sea Thanksgiving week with our kids ages 5 and 7. Our kids have been in kids programs on Princess and Celebirty and loved them. The Kids Crew program on NCL Sea was very poor in comparison. It was unorganized, very few crafts and making things, too much tv watching, unimaginative activities, just not as fun.

Just our experience so if you are bringing kids on NCL keep this in mind. The whole cruise was mediocre compared to Princess and Celebrity in fact.

David

I phoned NCL last week before I booked with Celebrity. There is no babysitting for the under 2 set. Your best bets are Carnival, MSC, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity. They all offer some form of care for the under 2 age range. MSC allows the little ones to go for free as well(but you have to pay the port charges). We are travelling with a 21 month old hence I had to do some research. Carnival will allow the little ones into group babysitting and I think most of the rest are in cabin babysitting.

Good luck,

Jennifer

For kids under two their is no datime babysitting- this is for Carnival. On Royal its under 3 and all kids need to be potty trained.

They only offer babysitting after 10pm and its in a group setting.

• 1 month later...
I don't understand, group babysitting after 10pm? What do families do before 10pm?

You may have already found out but here it goes.

They have the basic Kids Crew from about 9:00am until 12:00pm and then from 2:00 pm until 4 or 5 then again from 7 until 10:00pm. This is free. They also will have family games maybe from 12:00-2:00 or various times.

Then they have group sitting at the Kid's Crew room from 10:00 until 1:00am for a fee of $5 for first child and $3 for add'l in the same family.

They have group sitting on port days for the same charge as above.:D

We've taken the kids on Disney, RCCL, Celebrity and NCL, and relatively speaking, NCL kids program was HORRIBLE. The counselors couldn't have cared less, the kids were bored stiff, they basically played videos (the SAME ones even!). Oh, and the program DOESN'T RUN ON PORT DAYS! While the ship is in port, there is no kids programming until that night from 7-10.

If you still can, I'd seriously rethink NCL with kids...If your child is under 2 there is no babysitting, they're too young for the group sitting and there is no in-cabin babysitting.

Went on NCL in June 2004 with 4 kids ages 3, 6,7, and 10 and they loved the kid's Crew. My 10 year old did say she liked Carnival better but I believe it is because she met another girl her age and really hit it off. But they loved the scavenger hunt and other games they played.

The program did run on port days for the babysitting fee. We left the kids there and went to NCL private island to snorkel and the kids had fun at the program. When we returned to the boat, we took them to the kids pool with the water slides and had a great time. That is one thing they did like better than Carnival. The fresh water rather than the sea water. They never wanted to leave the kid's pool.

Archived