Monarch of sea?

atrame

Just wondering if on the 4 night Monarch of the Sea if they have the horse racing pool side?

Have been on a couple of rc cruises and cc which they had horse racing and owners cup. Does this still happen?

I haven't seen a horse race pool side since my Christmas 2006 cruise. I think they were phased out in 2007. I cruised 6 times on various classes of RCI ships in 2008 and there wasn't any horse racing on any of them.

We haven't seen the horse racing on RCCL for quite some time, at least two years. And we've been doing 2 or 3 cruises each year. Maybe the last were on Grandeur in 2006. Not shore why they've done away with it. Most likely, not much interest for the "buyers" of the horses. However, it was a fun pool side activity and we enjoyed watching. We did bid a few times on the horses, but never won a bid. Like anything else, if enough people express interest, maybe they'll bring back the horse races.

Here are two votes to bring back the horse races!

Rick and Deirdra

Archived