Forward E Cabins (Restricted View)?

ItsADryHumor

DH and I are planning to take a cruise on the Ecstasy in June. We cruised once before and had the aft wake-facing rooms (hope that makes sense) and DH wants that one again. However, to get a 5A room is 100 bucks less pp...would one of the E class porthole rooms be a bad thing? What is a con about a forward room? We loved being in the E cabin we were in last time...right up back stairs to the Lido. :p

We had E1 (5a) for the first leg of our B2B on Inspiration last year. We really liked the room. We got upgraded for free and took it, though we usually cruise in interior rooms. I really like the 5a setup. I enjoy the darkness of an interior for sleeping in, and the hatches on the portholes can be closed to make it like and interior. Then when they are open you get a pretty decsnt view for the money.

The only big con would be the motion. Since they are always in the front of the ship, the felt motion can be pretty bad in rough seas. We sailed through Hurricane Gustav, and it was like a roller coaster ride in that cabin. Big ups, and big downs. I had to leave and go to the middle of the ship to settle myself. In smooth seas, it was very nice though.

Here are some pics of the cabin:

232323232%7Ffp43249%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3233978%3B894%3A7nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43246%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3233978%3B869%3B3nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43243%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E8%3B7%3E682%3EWSNRCG%3D3233978%3B869%3A%3Anu0mrj

well, it was kind of a short notice cruise.....

Dwight has been in radiation treatments for cancer, and they will be done on March 19th. I thought we needed a good Getaway after all he has been thru!

I wanted to pay cash, and try to leave the ole credit card alone, so i filed my taxes, and took that money to buy the tickets!

I figued we could endure an interior, because he quit smoking...

I insisted on a balcony when he was smoking.

I know i will miss the balcony....but i think i will be ok!!

If i dont like it, i will know better next time, right? LOL

well, it was kind of a short notice cruise.....

Dwight has been in radiation treatments for cancer, and they will be done on March 19th. I thought we needed a good Getaway after all he has been thru!

I wanted to pay cash, and try to leave the ole credit card alone, so i filed my taxes, and took that money to buy the tickets!

I figued we could endure an interior, because he quit smoking...

I insisted on a balcony when he was smoking.

I know i will miss the balcony....but i think i will be ok!!

If i dont like it, i will know better next time, right? LOL

They're not bad, and a very good value. You guys will have a great time, have fun!:D

Thanks grady!!

I just noticed your avatar thing at the end of the post!! Are you all getting married? A big congrats to you!!! You all are such a sweet couple!!!!!

Just did, about two weeks ago! Nothing big, just a little thing at the courthouse. Now its a three month wait for the honeymoon.

Archived