new to carnival- Legend

TahoeBob

I am thinking of taking the 11-15-09 cruise out of tampa on the legend. I have been on three cruises all on RCI, twice on the Vision and once on the Monarch.

Looking at the ships both carnival legend and RCI's Vision of the seas are about the same size. First off I had a great time on RCI all three times and loved there ships. Carnival ships seem to have a bit more flash than RCI, at least from the pictures that I have seen.

What I would like to know what are the things that make this ship a great vacation. What does carnival do better that RCI, how does the food stack up, entertainment, ect.

Does carnival have the same type of activities, I like trivia games and other things like the Love and marriage game.

any helpful info would be great.

I am thinking of taking the 11-15-09 cruise out of tampa on the legend. I have been on three cruises all on RCI, twice on the Vision and once on the Monarch.

Looking at the ships both carnival legend and RCI's Vision of the seas are about the same size. First off I had a great time on RCI all three times and loved there ships. Carnival ships seem to have a bit more flash than RCI, at least from the pictures that I have seen.

What I would like to know what are the things that make this ship a great vacation. What does carnival do better that RCI, how does the food stack up, entertainment, ect.

Does carnival have the same type of activities, I like trivia games and other things like the Love and marriage game.

any helpful info would be great.

I have only done RCCL once - and didn't like it. I thought the service was mediocre and the food only so so. The food on CCL exceeded our expectations, and we loved the supper club (the speciality dining room for $30 per person and WELL worth the moneey) I had an OV on RCCL and thought the room was tiny; there was no vanity and once you passed the bathroom, you practically tripped on the bed. I've had both balconies and inside on CCL and the rooms were far more spacious. CCL's beds are far more comfortable. Don't remember the entertainment from RCCL, but when we were on the Legend last year, they had a comedian, a hypnotist, magician and a few musical shows which for the most part, we enjoyed. They have all the trivia, bingo, games etc...you might want to read some of the threads that reference Capers as they show the days activities.

All in all, I have been very happy with CCL. We really enjoyed the layout of the Legend. Getting in and out of Tampa, as well as on and off the ship is much easier than say Miami. We love that Western Iten.

Now, CCL does not have a rock wall, ice skating or flow rider, but they do have putt-putt, basketball etc. So it depends on whether those things are important to you or not.

I would encourage you to give CCL a try...:)

This cruise has been our hands-down favorite! Love the ship, the staff and the ports. No complaints at all! I didn't think I would want to repeat an exact cruise so quickly, but we are sailing her again in Oct. We went in Nove the first time and the weather was wonderful. Not terribly hot, but warm enough to take part in all the beach/water things.

I have never sailed RCCL yet because I have been very pleased with Carnival and you get more bang for your buck. So I cannot compare that side for ya....

Have fun!

The Legend is not as flashy as most ofthe other Carnival ships. The colors are much more subdued.

I was on the Carnival Legend last year (and will be again for the 2/15/09 sailing next week). Here are some of the reasons I booked the Legend a second time.

1. Fantastic staff

2. The port of Tampa is less crowded than Miami or Fort Lauderdale. Embarkation and debarkation are a snap.

3. The ports visited are some of my favorites (Roatan, Costa Maya, Gand Cayman, Cozumel)

4. The Legend now has open dining.

Dr. Jack

The Legend is awesome.....we've done it twice......the crew is top of the line, all make you feel at home. Food is good, supper club is fantastic, Tampa is likely the BEST port (quick as you can get) to leave from, the ship is easy to navigate, and no matter how full they get, there are no long lines. Shows are okie-dokie as well.

Archived