Dive Ops in St Lucia?

WISara

Hey all - I did a search here and found a bunch of people did the boat excursions in St Lucia - but we weren't really looking to do the buffet lunch thing with a big group of people- has anyone booked independently in St Lucia?

Who did you use - what were the price ranges - what are you thoughts?

Or should we just bite the bullet and go with the ship one?

Thanks!

Hi Sara,

Well, we wanted to use Scuba St Lucia but they run the ship trips. There is Dive Fair Helen and Frogs Diving. Scuba St Lucia actually recommended Frogs. They have been really nice to work with. We haven't used them yet, but they say they keep their boats to 6 people, and will go where you want. Their website is www.frogsdiving.com

Karen

• 1 month later...
We just did the NCL Spirit and dove in St Lucia. Dive op was through Sandals resort. Horrible operation. So if you are on NCL I'd find something else

We're on the NCL Spirit in January and are looking at diving in St. Lucia. I've inquired with a couple of local dive ops after reading your post. Do you mind giving me a little more detail on why the operation NCL used was horrible. I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

not sure if NCL uses the same as RCI - but I spoke with some folks that did the ship's dive excursion and they said it was horrible as well.

Their complaints:

• Boat: really small, not outfitted for divers, only one of the engines worked so they moved REALLY slow between dives and going to lunch
  • Crew: not friendly, not helpful
  • Lunch: horribly tasteless and they spent too much time on shore
  • Dive sites -- nothing to see and not very long bottom time as it took so long to get from one spot to the other

I went with Dive Fair Helen and they were awesome. It was the largest group we ended up in for all of our dives but they had a large boat and 4 or 5 dive masters. 2 dive masters took the discover scuba people (3 people I think?) - the other 2 divemasters took a group of 4 each. The sites we went to were large enough that we barely saw the other groups - mostly just at entry and exit. At the second site we didn't see either group at all as they went one way down the reef and we went the other.

Hope that helps!

Archived