Grand Suite On The Independence Of The Seas

nice, though I thought the Grand Suite would be bigger. Anyone know how much bigger this is then the Jr. Suite and except for the bar, what else does it have?

indeed. I was surprised as to how small it looked.

The Grand Suite is about 20% bigger (387 square feet) than the Junior Suite (317sf).

The balcony is a tad smaller, about 89 square feet vs. 101 for the JS.

I have been in that GS on the Freedom, and I can tell you the difference is likely the bar and closet area, which is about 8 by 10. A wonderful room.

The Grand Suite is about 20% bigger (387 square feet) than the Junior Suite (317sf).

The balcony is a tad smaller, about 89 square feet vs. 101 for the JS.

I have been in that GS on the Freedom, and I can tell you the difference is likely the bar and closet area, which is about 8 by 10. A wonderful room.

Not correct...the balcony on a GS is bigger in IOS as it is on all Freedom class ships. In general terms a JS is 1.5x the size of a D1 and a GS is 2X the size of a D1...balconies will follow the same size comparison.

Not correct...the balcony on a GS is bigger in IOS as it is on all Freedom class ships. In general terms a JS is 1.5x the size of a D1 and a GS is 2X the size of a D1...balconies will follow the same size comparison.

I pulled the numbers directly off of the RCCL website. Not sure what else I can tell you.

I pulled the numbers directly off of the RCCL website. Not sure what else I can tell you.

Here I have a good pix that will show.....Here is a balcony pix of GS 1560 on IOS....the balcony to the left with the guy standing on it is also a GS...now look directly below and that is a JS balcony....the size difference in the GS balcony being bigger is very clear.

2636889620104385121S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived