Is This Do-Able?

Rinderoo

Arriving on Disney Magic on Tues, Mar 31.

Want to do kayaking of Salt River as well as a walk-around of some touristy places.

The Kayak tour is about 2.5-3 hours, but I need to get there (i usually don't book with cruise lines.) I have an email out to the folks who do the kayak tour so they can advise about transportation. Was thinking about doing it in the morning.

After the kayak I want to visit Cruzan Rum and a couple of things in that area.

How far are the ships from Cruzan? And is this an area where a mom and two kids can go safely? And what is around the Cruzan Rum distillery?

Thanks!

Cruzan is close to the pier, at least a lot closer than C-sted and Salt River (within a few miles). Near the distillery is the Whim Plantation - an old sugar plantation. It was very nice to visit to learn about the history of the island. I don't think they were in walking distance of each other and if it was you'd have to walk on a very busy road to go between. Other than renting a car, I wonder if you should take a tour to hit these places... taxis from one place to another would get pricey - and time consuming to call and wait for them. However you manage it, I highly recommend you hit both places. During the day, you would not have any problem being there alone.

We were going to kayak on Salt River, but we drove up there and it didn't look like much, so we skipped it. We maybe just didn't see where you actually kayak....

How late are you in port?

Archived