St. Petersburg - NCL Tour Vs Denrus 2-Day Complete St Petersburg Value Tour

orchid72

Hello,

My husband and I will be going on the NCL 12-day Baltic Cruise in May. We are not usually the tour kind of people, but this time around, I think it is a must for St. Petersburg.

We are trying to decide whether to go with DenRus' 2-Day Complete St. Petersburg Value Tour for $295/person or go with a combination of 2 of NCL's tours.

We are not interested in doing a private van and driver tour, hence the decision to go with Denrus' value tour. We have no medical or mobility issues, and we can easily just go with the flow, so we feel we really do not need to pay a premium for a customized private tour. We are also people who like to get good value for our money (yes, you can call us "cheap" :o).

It seems that from a value standpoint, Denrus' tour is a better value - for $295, all you get from NCL is an 8-hr tour for day 1 and a 3.5-hr tour for day 2.

My questions:

- To those who have taken the Denrus *value tour*, what did you think of it? Please note I am only interested in the *value tour* and NOT the private driver tour.

- To those who have taken the NCL tours, what did you think of them? What tour combinations did you get for the 2 days you were in St. Petersburg?

- From what you have heard from fellow passengers/friends, which one is the better value (in terms of price, quality, etc)

- Any other opinions are most welcome - e.g. pros and cons for each option.

Thanks very much in advance for all your help and I look forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions.

Since I took the Denrus value tour instead of NCL, it would be hard to compare. I will say that we had a wonderful time with Denrus. The others on the tour got the guide and driver to customize our tour, and we took a subway ride as others had heard that the subway in Russia was great. Anyway, you can't go wrong with Denrus. We saw so very much in our 2 days. Great memories. Nancy

Archived