Pizza and vegetarian food options - NCL Jewel

veggie59

Hello all.....just wondering if anyone can tell me how the pizza is on the Jewel? I am a longtime vegetarian and have limited food options while cruising. I believe there used to be some vegetarian food stations on past cruises....but I dont like all they had to offer. Have there been any changes over the years? Any insight would be helpful.

Thanks

On the Pearl three weeks ago, there was a vegetarian section in the buffet, many Indian dishes had no meat and there was one veggie entree in the main dinning rooms each meal. I thought the pizza on the Pearl was good, but pizza snobs will have a different view. Seems what makes a good Pizza in New York is not considered good in Chicago and Chicago's best is not a favorite in Los Angeles. If the crust is good and there is cheese, that's enough like pizza for me!!

Thanks for your reply. We havent been on an NCL cruise in over 6 years...so I am sure things have changed some. The last 2 cruises were on RCL....and their pizza was pretty good and it was available all day long at a little cafe. It became our favorite little place....hubby liked their sandwiches. Does NCL have pizza all day...or just a few hours?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply. We havent been on an NCL cruise in over 6 years...so I am sure things have changed some. The last 2 cruises were on RCL....and their pizza was pretty good and it was available all day long at a little cafe. It became our favorite little place....hubby liked their sandwiches. Does NCL have pizza all day...or just a few hours?

Thanks

On the Pearl, they had Pizza in the buffet at lunch and dinner. The buffet closed at 9:30 pm.

Hey Veggie, I am a long time veggie myself (since 9/9/90) and have never found myself wanting on NCL, or any cruise for that matter. The Sun a few years back had plenty of options in all their restaurants. Well, not the Steakhouse, but the others! ;) There always seemed to be a lot of choice. I look forward to hearing how it was when you get back!!

Thanks for your replies. I am kind of alittle :mad: that the options for pizza is very limited. We like to grab a snack when we bounce around the ship or from ports. Pizza is usually my go to since I just grab a veggie option or cheese slice. Buffets do not generally fit the bill as alot of the items contain one thing or another that I dont eat. Even rice can be cooked with meat stock.....I have never received a solid answer on that one on a cruise. In the dining room I usually get steamed carrots and a baked potato, sometimes a fruit plate. The waiters are pretty good after a few nights to make sure that I have something to eat. We havent been on NCL in quite awhile...so the frestyle may change that. I will have to give them a heads up ahead of time. I am sure I wont starve.....I know hubby tries real hard to make up for what I dont eat. He is a beanpole too...makes me sick :) .

Archived