Crown Princess Balcony Logistics

Lauren's_Dad

Hello:

My wife and I will be on the Crown Princess on March 1 in a Baja balcony room. My brother and his fiance will be in the room immediately to my left, my dad and his girlfriend will be in the room immediately to my right, and my friend and his fiance will be in the room next to my dad. Four rooms in a row.

Will the eight of us be able to sit on our respective balconies and talk to each other over a few cocktails after dinner? If not, is there enough room to jam onto one or two balconies? I've never had a balcony room before and am not entirely sure what to expect.

Any information or anecdotal advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

Provided your rooms are within the same firedoor section, you may choose to have the partition opened between balconies. Its a single panel, not the entire partition and it will be locked into an open position for the duration of the cruise. There may be a limit to the number of balconies in a row that can do this, but I think four is within that limit.

As others have said, you can get the balcony dividers opened (providing, as Cheryl says, you are in the same fire control section of the ship, which basically means, if your cabins begin with the same number, like B402,406,410, etc). Personally, I would leave my balcony private, as we would want our own space. We can always get the group together somewhere on deck. Even with the dividers open, that isn't very conducive to a larger group sitting around and sharing the stories of the day.

Interesting to know that you can have the partition completely opened for the duration of the cruise - however, as Dan noted, that can be a mixed blessing. I'll have to discuss with the rest of our group.

Thank you all for the quick replies - very much appreciated!

Jason

Archived