Car Renters BEWARE!!!!

LounVal

Just got back from our cruise which stopped at St.Martin. Had a great time but, when we went to rent our car we had a problem. I went to Reynolds Rental, which was located with the other car rental companies. They said they had a Toyota Corrolla for $50. for the day. Sounded reasonable. I just paid $60 for the day in St Thomas the day before. Well, they put my wife and I along with another couple in a van and took off down the road. We pulled up in from of what can only be discribed as a salvage yard. In front was a old beat up Toyota and the jeep the other guy had rented was in just as bad a shape. Both the other renter and I said "hell no" and asked the driver to take us back to the port. He did with no argument, he had probably done it many times before.

We ended up renting from one of the major car companies for a 2007 Corolla for $45. with no problems.

The only saving grace to it all was, it did not take too much of our time and the guys did not get nasty or give us any problem with turning down thier car. So, it made for a good story.:p

Archived