Which cruise?

OhioDogLover

We are looking at summer cruises for a vacation for extended family. We are currently looking at the around Britain cruise on the Crown and the Mediterranean cruise on the Grand. Both leave from Southhampton which is attractive because of the flight issues. (We can get to London much easier than say, Venice and some of our party have health issues.)

The issues right now are itinerary. The Crown has the weather, seas, missed ports, bus rides issue. The Grand has a lot of sea days issue.

I would appreciate it if anyone who has been on either of these cruises to give us their thoughts.

Thanks,

Ohiodoglover

I have done both routes,and i would pick the british ailes cruise,and would go in august(edinbugh has huge festival in august)or spring time(april/may)or september is good too,longer flight for venice,but this is a great cruise too,venice is not to be missed,we started out in venice for 2 days,we liked having venice first instead of the end of the cruise,dont take rail to southampton,no room for luggage on train, hard to manuever luggage,so take car service to port,have a great time,both cruises are great;)

Archived