Pool question-is everyone tan and beautiful?

lissaw16

And lissaw1, if that is you in the picture, and I am assuming it is, you are not fat to begin with. I was selfconscience on my first cruise, didn't even bring a suit. Then we did a mediteranian cruise...that solved that problem...if they could do it so could I. I'm there to relax, get away from the snow, get some color, enjoy the whirlpool and sauna, and if someone dosen't have anything else to do but talk about but the size of my butt then I guess I'll help them out and give them something to talk about :eek: ;)

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!!!

That is me in the pic, taken in August '08. I never said fat, I said "plus sized". I'm a size 20... meaning no one will point at me as I walk down the street and say "OMG did you see the fat girl?!" but I certainly will never make a living as a pinup girl, if you know what I mean. I have been some places where only the 20-something, tanned, thin girls are sunbathing, which makes me feel a bit uncomfortable and self conscious.

Everyone's comments here have been great, it's good to know that all shapes and sizes (and skin tones, because HELLO, I live in MN and even in the summer I don't get much sun) hang out by the pool comfortably.

I have two suits packed, and am hoping for sunshine!:cool:

Once you see the fat, hairy guy in the Speedo, you won't have a care in the world what you look like... you'll be too busy trying to erase that vision from your memory. LOL!

That guy sure does cruise a lot, doesn't he? I'm sure he's been on every cruise I was ever on.

Lissa, I live in Florida and am a pasty white as a gal from Minnesota and while I wear a size 12..or plan to before the cruise, my pin up days were over before they began! So I am with you...I am thinking of getting some snazzy board shorts so I don't have to look at my own jiggly thighs. As for those that have to look at me, be happy its only for 5 days!

:)

OMG! I'm so glad i found this thread!!

I'm taking my 1st cruise next month and I'm pasty white and definitely not a size 2:p

I was worried about hanging out at the pool - I don't want to blind anyone with my eye searingly white skin :D

I feel so much better now - Thank you everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a reason my original cruise ambition was Alaska where I can hide under layers and not someplace warm where everyone around you is wearing next to nothing. XD

I remember wearing the you-called "mom suit" when I was in middle school. >.> I've given up, hah! Now I have a 'normal' suit, from a real swimwear shop, and no skirt!

I might not be the only "fluffy" woman in my water aerobics class, but I am the fluffiest of them. And some of the not-so-fluffy women have the same cellulite and "jiggle" problem that I always worried about. And one of the not-so-fluffy women is wearing a skirted suit, and she certainly doesn't need it! After having enjoyed the class so much, I'm not nearly as self-conscious in a bathing suit (but I am in regular clothes, go figure. X.x )

My biggest issue these days has been finding a suit that will fit me properly. I was blessed by the booty-faerie as well, but the blessing wasn't shared with the rest of my physique. >.>

I'm not brave enough to go "European" and wear a two-piece, though. o.o

Fluffy... I love it! Told my fiance' that I'm fluffy... he looked at me like I had three eyes. XD

My biggest issue these days has been finding a suit that will fit me properly. I was blessed by the booty-faerie as well, but the blessing wasn't shared with the rest of my physique. >.>

I'm not brave enough to go "European" and wear a two-piece, though. o.o

LMAO! I hear ya sister... size 20 pants, A-cup top.:confused: I hate shopping.

In the two-piece department, I found a "tankini" that looks like a one piece suit, only it's easier to go to the bathroom!:D I'll probably wear it to sunbathe, but stick with the one-piece for my planned snorkeling adventure (who needs an accidental glance of my belly while looking for tropical fish?!?!:eek:)

OK so I think that this is my favorite thread yet!

I will be sailing in early April in my Mom suit and pale skin but must confess that I am using the cruise as a motivator to exercise and firm up after the winter. No lofty goals would feel better if I was just a little less fluffy. I'd like to lose enough weight to compensate for what I might gain on the cruise.

Wish we were all on the same cruise - we could have a pool people watching party!

I was worried on our first cruise too. I used to be a size 20--- now a size 10 and I look like a deflated balloon!!! Laffin....I will be out there in my Mom-skirt and tankini top and having the time of my life. Life is too short to let strangers mess up my vacation. But please do be careful of the sun. On our Southern Caribbean cruise an older gal from Missouri got so sunburned she required medical attention. Trust me, she was miserable having to have her legs wrapped in dressings.

Have a blast and as I tell my hubby--"we can sleep when we get home"....!! I don't want to miss one minute of FUN. Bob's wife-- Suzy:D

LMAO! I hear ya sister... size 20 pants, A-cup top.:confused: I hate shopping.

In the two-piece department, I found a "tankini" that looks like a one piece suit, only it's easier to go to the bathroom!:D I'll probably wear it to sunbathe, but stick with the one-piece for my planned snorkeling adventure (who needs an accidental glance of my belly while looking for tropical fish?!?!:eek:)

I have trouble too. I am a size 10 bottom and a DD top, sheesh!!! I really have to search until I find an underwire tankini top. Suzy

Forget your size, protect your skin. (I wear skirted suits, too -- and I'm so white, I fluoresce!)

Caro

We must be twins, my husband says I'm so pale and white that I am almost see-thru. LOL I live in the south and wear shorts basically year round and I never tan. I wear sunscreen daily.

I am also a size 18 to 20 and was very comfortable in my mom suit on our Panama cruise last April, But I do recommend you wear ALOT of sun screen or do a little tanning at your local tanning salon before you go, that is if you are going someplace warm... It helped Me and my Pasty white DH from burning and ruining our trip. We Still burned with sunscreen and 2 months of tanning but not as bad as we would have.

Just wondering, do you see all shapes & sizes hanging around the pools? I'm a bit of a plus-sized girl, and wondering how self-conscious I'm going to be, with my Minnesota-pale skin and my mom-suit (you know, the one with the skirt).

I can't believe no one offered any photographs ...

Pool-aftwithtopopen.jpg

PIMG_6230.jpg

PIMG_6237.jpg

PIMG_6238.jpg

IMG_5924.jpg

2-Pool-1.jpg

Fluffy... I love it! Told my fiance' that I'm fluffy... he looked at me like I had three eyes. XD

OMG!! Don't you just LOVE our men who adore us just the way we are!! We are all so hard on ourselves......Suzy

You know, it's ok, I'm on the fluffy side myself (between a 12 and 14) and I call my husband cuddly, but maybe I should start referring to him as fluffy as well.

I had read through mosts of these posts earlier and completely agree with everyone. As I was re-looking at the posts title I thought, "Yes, we ARE all tan and beautiful." We have varying degrees of tans, (some of which are VERY pale) and we are ALL beautiful.

Thanks for posting the pics... I see "man-boobs", "skirts", and "Minnesota White" all represented!:D No offense if that's you in the pictures, but if it is, you are making me feel better about myself!

I'm not in any of the pictures. I was behind the camera when every single one of those pictures was taken. :)

ok the pics make me feel better too and look at how much fun everyone was having too!! As long has hubby and I are having fun, I don't care :)

I too plan on tanning before I get on the ship so I don't burn as easily and we slather on the sun screen every chance we get. I hate being burned!

Archived