Just off Dawn..LOVED IT

scrcdawn

Just came off the Dawn yesterday, and I can't say enough good things. The food was wonderful, actually a few of the meals were the best I have ever eaten anywhere. The ship is beautiful, and the staff was unbelievable. I NEVER walked by a member of the staff who didn't say hello or good day. The cabin stewards and staff actually sang as they worked. (Then I came back to the real world where all I have gotten is attitude ...lol) I got to tour the suite at the top of the ship, got to speak to alot of the staff, and felt like I actually lost friends when I left the ship. There was so much to do, I felt I did not have enough time to actually do everything I wanted. I took yoga, step aerobics, took a photography class, had a massage, a facial, soaked in the hot tubs , got to be on stage a few times...(Beware the cruise director staff, they really get ya!) loved the excursions. One drawback, was the port.....it was very chaotic, (NOT NCL fault) and difficult to get stuff unloaded. If you go, you MUST eat at the Bamboo, where we were the only ones and got a plate of free sushi, again the best I ever had...and Le Bistro, the BEST escargo I have ever had. Would sail again in a heart beat, rough seas and all coming back, (had to empty the pools)

Looking forward to sailing NCL again !

Dawn

scrcdawn,

Glad to hear that you had a great time on the Dawn! I'm excited for my Jan. '05 trip and you just made me anticipate it more! What deck was ur room on? Also, can you just walk in and request something at the spa, or are appointments needed? Thanx ;)

Regarding the Bands, is the quartet Anna Y Los Vientos still performing in the atrium? Also Pamala Stanley at the piano in Gatsbys?

Dolphins:

I'm not tmcat or Tomcat, but that's a cool name; I'll have to consider that one for the future. (LOL)

hi

we were on deck 10, interior room on the end and it had alot of room in it...big closet, shelves little desk...coffee maker , it was actually a nice size...for the spa you needed to schedule appointments, WAIT until you are returning, you get better sales specials, in fact the day before we returned they had a buy one get one free massage

dawn

I loved all the food, too much so I think, LOL...on a major diet! Even the cafeteria was good. I had poached sea bass one night in Impressions ( get there at 530 or its hard to get in) which was incredible, and I had poached chicken with Tiger prawn mousse filling in it at Le Bistro, there is something for everyone! Salsa had homemade sangria with pulpy fruit pieces and really good fajitas. Enjoy!

dawn

Hi Just back from the Dawn. I was on the 11/7 sailing. This was my second cruise and I had a great time. The Ship is beautiful! The entertainment was great! We tried most all the resturants. But I would have to say my Favorite was Cagney's. The Steak house. It has a $20.00 cover but well worth the cost. I always tried to get to dinner early, that way it would give you enough time to enjoy your meal, while leaving the evening free to take in all the shows. I was in a mini suite number 11070. Our steward had to be changed in the begining due to a small conflict. But that was all resolved and we had the time of our life! Hope you have a great trip. I have lots a pictures but have to figure out how to post them. You will feel like you are in heaven! We didnt want to get off. Even after 11 days at sea!

by the way

here are all the pics i took , something to look at while you are anticipating your cruises

http://community.webshots.com/user/scrcdawn

dawn

Love those pictures. Did you use a digital camera? Great shots of everything. Tell me....what excrusions did you go on and were they good? We are going in Jan and I would like to get started booking the excursion ahead. :rolleyes:

Great photos!.... Looks like you had a really fun time!

Virgin Gorda looks beautiful, especially the beach where you were snorkelling,

too bad it has been removed from our trip. Was that a ships' excursion you took there?

Did you take the ships river tubing excursion in Dominica? how was the trip down the river?

Also, how was Grenada, any recommendations on what to do/see there?

Thanks for sharing your photos and for the review :)

• 2 months later...

Archived