Glory - Oct 09

BullDogChief

Thinking about booking Carnival Glory 7-day departing October 17, 09...any tips on decent hotels in Port Canaveral?

DW and I will be driving in the day prior.

Also, has anybody done the cooking excursion in Cozumel? We fancy ourselves to be foodies and would love to be able to cook with a professional chef and learn traditional Mexican cooking...:D

The Radisson at Port Canaveral is the best deal I have found... excellent hotel, free shuttle to the cruise ship and free parking for you auto for the duration of the cruise!

Steve

Sweet!!! I am going to look them up today...that is very cool, thanks! :D

I agree the Radisson at the Port!!!! AWESOME!

Rooms ****

pool *****

bar *****

shuttle *****+

(those are stars by the way!)

There shuttle to and from the port was so uncomplicated! They really have the service down pat.

We also used their shuttle to eat at Fish Lips. They dropped us off when we wanted. We had a great meal, watched a ship depart (had so much fun waving and knowing that the next day I would be sailing). Called them and they were there within 10 minutes to pick us up from dinner!

We will be staying with them again in August when we sail on the Glory AGAIN! We got a room rate of $99! The only thing we will be doing different is instead of having a huge buffet breakfast for $13 a person in the restaurant we will be running across the street to McDonalds! Buffet was great, don't get me wrong...however my kids only ate a bowl of cereal and it was just too much for pay!

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer!

I also vote for the Radisson. I wasn't impressed with their breakfast buffet or food service at the bar for dinner, but other than that a great place to stay - nice room, great pool area, tiki bar with entertainment on Friday night, the friendliest front desk staff I've ever encountered anywhere, a secure parking lot to leave the car for the week at no charge, and free shuttle to and from the port. Just call the hotel directly to reserve your slot right after you book.

We would definitely stay there again.

Also, has anybody done the cooking excursion in Cozumel? We fancy ourselves to be foodies and would love to be able to cook with a professional chef and learn traditional Mexican cooking...:D

Check the port of call board; I am 99% sure I saw some comments on there about it...

We'll be doing Eastern on the Glory in August...Watch for my review!:D

Well, it looks like you guys have convinced DW that the Radisson is the way to go! :D:D:D This is why I like it here; there is always someone here who can answer a question...and everyone is helpful!!! :D

Thanks again y'all!

You need to log onto Ports of Call line. Go to Florida and look for (I work in Port Canaveral )That threat has all you will ever need to know. Post 5024 is really good.

I agree the Radisson at the Port!!!! AWESOME!

Rooms ****

pool *****

bar *****

shuttle *****+

(those are stars by the way!)

There shuttle to and from the port was so uncomplicated! They really have the service down pat.

We also used their shuttle to eat at Fish Lips. They dropped us off when we wanted. We had a great meal, watched a ship depart (had so much fun waving and knowing that the next day I would be sailing). Called them and they were there within 10 minutes to pick us up from dinner!

We will be staying with them again in August when we sail on the Glory AGAIN! We got a room rate of $99! The only thing we will be doing different is instead of having a huge buffet breakfast for $13 a person in the restaurant we will be running across the street to McDonalds! Buffet was great, don't get me wrong...however my kids only ate a bowl of cereal and it was just too much for pay!

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer!

Question>....... If you don't do the Sail and Park "deal" and just go with the regular room.... do you still get the free shuttle and park free?

Well, it looks like you guys have convinced DW that the Radisson is the way to go! This is why I like it here; there is always someone here who can answer a question...and everyone is helpful!!!

Thanks again y'all!

Here are some pics of the Radisson if you need any more convincing! :p

P1030040.jpg?t=1234310111

P1030039.jpg?t=1234310139

You don't have to book the cruise package to get the parking and shuttle (I called and asked). That package just includes breakfast buffet. I booked the AAA rate and there are a few close places to grab some cheap breakfast.

Absolutely one of the best hotels that we have ever stayed in, the staff and accomodations were wonderful. There is a great Sushi restaurant across the street, and the Tiki Bar was excellant. The shuttle was handled very quickly. We left the hotel at 10:15 and were on the Lido deck by 11:00. Enjoy . . hope to book again for September 2009.

You don't have to book the cruise package to get the parking and shuttle (I called and asked). That package just includes breakfast buffet. I booked the AAA rate and there are a few close places to grab some cheap breakfast.

We did the package with breakfast and it was NOT worth it. The food service was probably my only complaint about the place. We had dinner at the Tiki bar Friday night and the bartenders were surly and we had to go pick up our own food and drinks from the bar, and breakfast the next day was pretty sad. They acted like we were bothering them to order food or drinks. :rolleyes: For breakfast - not much selection, cold, omelets (but with a big tip jar in front of the guy), and the waiter came by once with coffee and then brought the check. No way would I have paid the $21 for the two of us for it.

I loved the hotel and will definitely stay again but will just bring some energy bars (my usual breakfast anyway) and skip the cruise package deal.

• 2 weeks later...
I also vote for the Radisson. I wasn't impressed with their breakfast buffet or food service at the bar for dinner, but other than that a great place to stay - nice room, great pool area, tiki bar with entertainment on Friday night, the friendliest front desk staff I've ever encountered anywhere, a secure parking lot to leave the car for the week at no charge, and free shuttle to and from the port. Just call the hotel directly to reserve your slot right after you book.

We would definitely stay there again.

When you say to call the hotel directly to reserve your slot right after you book, do you mean book a room online and then call? I've been seeing a few reports online that say you can reserve a room without reserving their official "cruise and park" package. A room @ the Radisson is $107; a "package" is $139. Did you just book a standard room then call?

Archived