? about transportation to port in Tampa

huntersmommy

Hi, we are staying at Sailport resort in Tampa and need to get to the port the next morning. Who do you all use for this? I got a name of the comapny from the hotel but I have called twice and left messages and no one has gotten back to me. Can you give me some companys that could provide affordable transport to the port. There will be 2 adults and 1 child. Thanks!

Hi, we are staying at Sailport resort in Tampa and need to get to the port the next morning. Who do you all use for this? I got a name of the comapny from the hotel but I have called twice and left messages and no one has gotten back to me. Can you give me some companys that could provide affordable transport to the port. There will be 2 adults and 1 child. Thanks!

If the hotel does not offer a shuttle, I'd just take a cab. It would only cost $20 to $25 total; a limo or shuttle service would likely be more costly since they charge per person.

The person at the front desk at Sailport resort said that a taxi to the port would be about $50, which is why I was leaninig toward a service which I was told could charge about $10 per person. If anyone can confirm the cost of a taxi from Sailport Resort to the Port of Tampa that would be great. I hope it truly is only in the $25-$30 range but dont want to get caught off guard. Thanks!

Unless something has changed drastically, there is no way it would be remotely close to $50. The standard cab rate in Tampa is $2 + $2.25 per mile; the Sailport is roughly 8 miles from the cruise port. That would come to about $20.

The 2 major cab companies in Tampa are Yellow & United. Yellow's rate is stated on their website http://www.yellowcaboftampa.com/fares.html. I believe their contact info is listed there also.

I am virtually certain United's rates are identical (though they do not list their fare on their website).

Don't forget to include waiting time if the taxi is stuck in traffic, which is pretty common on veterns Expressway at that time of day

Look into SuperShuttle. They will charge a fixed rate, something like $25 for the first passenger, $10 for the 2nd, and it doesn't matter how long they sit in traffic. That's what I usually take when sailing out of Tampa

I don't think you would have any traffic issues unless you went during rush hour, which is probably way earlier than when you'd want to get to the port (unless you want to sit around by the port for several hours waiting for the cruiseline to begin checking you in).

Thanks to all who contributed and helped me. I think a cab is the easiest route to go. We are looking at at least $30-$40 with a transportation service so a cab is right in the ballpark and probably the easiest. Should I try to set something up with a cab in advance or just have the hotel call in the morning? Also, what time should we be looking to have a cab come get us to get to the port? Is 10:30 too early? Thanks again!

Archived