Wine pairing at Portofinos

retnuh281

On our March 15th Voyager cruise the wine pairing dinner is the very first night. Does anyone have experience with this? In particular the dress for that evening since it's the first night? We plan on dressing per the dress code but how are others dressed? More relaxed?

On another note, how was your experience? Was it worth it, and would you do it again?

On our March 15th Voyager cruise the wine pairing dinner is the very first night. Does anyone have experience with this? In particular the dress for that evening since it's the first night? We plan on dressing per the dress code but how are others dressed? More relaxed?

On another note, how was your experience? Was it worth it, and would you do it again?

We did it. It was nice. Everyone dressed very nice and not relaxed. Women were in dresses and men generally had jackets or sport coats although I wouldn't say it's required.

Our table mates were great - just one couple in our case although some other tables are larger. The food was very good as you would guess. The wines were just the standard wine they have on board. Nothing different. That made it tend to seem over priced for the meal. The wine isn't by any means free flowing either.

No. We will not do it again which doesn't mean we aren't glad we did it. We liked it as a one time experience.

The worst part is that they want to keep telling you about the wine and tend to interupt the table conversation to do it. That's just a minor flaw.

I think you'll enjoy it. Do it once and then decide if you want to do it again.

We did it. It was nice. Everyone dressed very nice and not relaxed. Women were in dresses and men generally had jackets or sport coats although I wouldn't say it's required.

Our table mates were great - just one couple in our case although some other tables are larger. The food was very good as you would guess. The wines were just the standard wine they have on board. Nothing different. That made it tend to seem over priced for the meal. The wine isn't by any means free flowing either.

No. We will not do it again which doesn't mean we aren't glad we did it. We liked it as a one time experience.

The worst part is that they want to keep telling you about the wine and tend to interupt the table conversation to do it. That's just a minor flaw.

I think you'll enjoy it. Do it once and then decide if you want to do it again.

I was thinking of doing this as I love wine but had a feeling this is exactly how it would be....thanks for confirming my suspicions....I will stick to booking the specialties on regular nights and buying my own wine. BTW...RCCL has a reserve wine list with some very nice wines on it....price wise they are even a pretty good deal as they aren't marked up close to what they mark the standards up:rolleyes::eek:

Archived