Ocean Kayak and Dunn's River

VikingChick

I am looking to book a shore excursion for ocean kayak to Dunn's River. I have looked at booking through Carnival and ShoreTrips. These are the only two that I have found so far. The price is essentially the same for either trip. My husband and I are both adventurous people and want something that is both fun and a little challenging. Any reviews for this excursion? Both positive and negative are welcome.

For Dunn's River ... it costs $7 to rent water shoes, so if you can buy cheaper ones before the cruise the better. And when I got off the bus at Dunn's there was a man who gave me and my bf a necklace saying "welcome to Jamaica" upon our entrance, he came up to us and told us it costs 2 for $5 my bf said he had no money and walked off ... I gave him $1 and left still keeping the necklaces. The man behind us did not know about separating his money, and pulled out his wallet ... there was a $10 bill in his wallet, and the man grabbed it and left. if you dont plan on climbing the falls and only want to get a picture near it .. the photography staff will expect a tip for your photo. i'd just ask another fellow cruise passenger to help and offer to reciprocate. i was a Princess passenger and there was a designated Princess photographer, who wore the same name tag as the staff onboard, he would take your photo for free and just look for it onboard. =]

Archived