Any Info on Dawn Princess

Dorset Cruiser

I have been on the Dawn twice. It's by far my favourite Princess ship.

I love the pizzeria. You definitely have to try it.

The ship is in very good shape.

It is older, so it does not have features like the International cafe and MUTS. Plus, the gym is quite small when compared to the Crown and Emerald Princess.

I just sailed on her last March and loved her! Perfect size, not too big and not too small. I thought she was in gorgeous shape -- I noticed no signs of wear at all. Upholstery and other fabrics were all in good shape, the fittings in my cabin were like new, and -- my particular pet obsession -- the pool area and the pool itself were pristine -- no missing tiles, no scratches/chips in the pool walls or bottom. The only less-than-perfect thing was that my cabin's window was a little salt-streaked but not so much that it interfered with the view.

Here are some of my favourite things about the Dawn:

- I like that the Atrium Bar (which would be Crooners on the newer ships) is the entire width of the ship -- it feels more spacious and bright in the daytime and yet still has quiet corners at night.

- I really liked the Vista Lounge arrangement much better than Club Fusion.

-As hyp121 mentioned, the sit-down pizza/pasta venue is a very nice enhancement on this ship.

-The crew on her as of last March stands out as one of the friendliest I've ever sailed with. Just a really nice, welcoming, happy vibe to that ship.

-She has the Chef's Table!!! Do it -- it's awesome!

I sailed with Dawn last August and loved it! Even though there's no MUTS, I enjoyed every single day. I loved the arcade room, the food and buffet was delicious! I loved the staff and stewards they do an exceptional job and go beyond what is necessary! =] And in terms of size, its not too big, just right, and definitely clean!

we sailed on the Dawn last July and although she was in good shape we prefer the larger ships...everyone has different likes & dislikes...we ended up paying twice as much to a mini suite because the balcony rooms were smaller then the newer ships since they cut into the hull to make the balconies...but like I said, we all have our different opinions! my favorite so far was the Star which we took in 2002 on our first cruise!!

we ended up paying twice as much to a mini suite because the balcony rooms were smaller then the newer ships since they cut into the hull to make the balconies...

We sailed on her last in May and we had one of those small balcony cabins. Those cabins are actually smaller in square footage than the inside cabins across the hall. It was "ok", but we much prefer the larger ships. We also had the bad fortune to be sailing with a crew that was getting off the ship at the end of our cruise, and because of that, we experienced poor service in the dining room and by much of the crew in general. There were alot of complaints about that cruise on these boards afterwards. I'm sure it was just a one-time experience, but unfortunately, it left a bad taste in our mouths about the Dawn.

Sailed on the Dawn Princess in November 2008 from Sydney around the South Pacific. While we don't get many of the newer bigger ships, I liked it a lot and thought it was in nice shape.

It is going into dry dock for about 2 weeks in June in Brisbane and they are adding MUTS.

Hi,

My husband and I have just had our very first cruise on the Dawn Princess to Hobart, Australia. We absolutely loved the ship, the staff were wonderful, nothing was too much trouble and they were all very friendly. Our cabin was a balcony cabin on A deck, we were very happy with our cabin and it was extremely clean and very comfortable. We also loved the Pizzeria, the food was excellent and so were the staff, extremely friendly. Our traditional dining experience was also wonderful and we have found new friends through our dining table. The shows were excellent, our tours were also great, we really could not fault our cruise and I am really looking forward to our next cruise, hopefully in September 2010, I just wish Princess would release their September 2010 cruises!!

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is MUTS??

Sailed on the Dawn Princess in November 2008 from Sydney around the South Pacific. While we don't get many of the newer bigger ships, I liked it a lot and thought it was in nice shape.

It is going into dry dock for about 2 weeks in June in Brisbane and they are adding MUTS.

Oh No - see my previous post!!!!!!!

I agree DorsetCruiser - MUTS is nuts. I'm very sorry to see that it is been added to the older Princess ships. We were on the Sea last June and never spent any time near the pool as it was just so noisy. I much prefer sitting looking at the ever changing ocean than a noisy over sized movie screen. As to the original question, I love the Dawn, was on her maiden voyage way back in 1997.

Ooooohh the pizza! Individually prepared thin crust pizza with just about any topping you can imagine. Reason enough to cruise any of the Sun-class ships. It's served in a nice sit-down restaurant in the middle of the ship. It also serves calzones and pasta I believe. Never tried any though. That pizza was hard to beat, Bon Voyage!

Archived