Teen on summer Alaska cruise

zpdiduda

My then 15yo son and I took HAL Zaandam last July. He totally enjoyed Alaska as well as the ship's facilities and staff. There were about 15-20 teens who were very well-behaved and polite. He made several friends from all over the US and Canada. There ought to be a lot of teens on any Alaska cruise once schools let out. Late June may be better than early June.

If you look in Cruise Critic's main website, there are passenger reviews of different ships. It's a little difficult to find but kid facilities are rated by age group. The professional review area just gives a single overall rating. Zaandam had high marks for teens.

For what it's worth my son has also taken Carnival to Baja. Neither of us were impressed with the kids facilities or programs.

If your son likes nature, wildlife, hiking, cycling, kayaking, etc. he will LOVE Alaska!

Almost all the ships have large beautiful teen facilities including their own (non alcoholic) night club. In mid summer there will be teens on every ship.

We actually cruised with some teens on HAL and they loved it. However HAL probably attracts smaller groups than some other lines. Both Princess and RCI will usually have more teens aboard than HAL or Celebrity.

Carnival, of course, has the reputation as a party boat,but actually I have seen few reviews about teen programs aboard their ships.

There are many shore activites for teens and I am sure they will love Alaska!

Archived