Distance between San Pedro & Long Beach

azbaby8062

I am interested in finding out what the distance between San Pedro and Long Beach. We are sailing with Carnival which means we will be sailing out of Long Beach but was wondering if a hotel in San Pedro would also be feasible. We are only staying one night prior to the cruise. (June 6, 2009)

I am interested in finding out what the distance between San Pedro and Long Beach. We are sailing with Carnival which means we will be sailing out of Long Beach but was wondering if a hotel in San Pedro would also be feasible. We are only staying one night prior to the cruise. (June 6, 2009)

It's about 6-8 miles depending on which hotel...The drive goes clear across the "front" part of the Los Angeles/Long Beach Harbor...Across the Vincent Thomas Bridge, then the length of Terminal Island...It's all industrial, so there is a lot of truck and cargo traffic...

It's workable, but if I were sailing on Carnival, I'd look for a Downtown Long Beach hotel first--Hyatt, Westin, Renaissance, Marriott Courtyard, Hilton or Hotel Maya (formerly the Coast)...It will be more convenient and make your life a little simpler...But, if the hotels in Long Beach (and only stick to this specific small area of Long Beach) are booked, then San Pedro (Crowne Plaza or Doubletree) would be a good second choice--but you will need a taxi to the ship in the morning...

Good luck...

It's about 6-8 miles depending on which hotel...The drive goes clear across the "front" part of the Los Angeles/Long Beach Harbor...Across the Vincent Thomas Bridge, then the length of Terminal Island...It's all industrial, so there is a lot of truck and cargo traffic...

It's workable, but if I were sailing on Carnival, I'd look for a Downtown Long Beach hotel first--Hyatt, Westin, Renaissance, Marriott Courtyard, Hilton or Hotel Maya (formerly the Coast)...It will be more convenient and make your life a little simpler...But, if the hotels in Long Beach (and only stick to this specific small area of Long Beach) are booked, then San Pedro (Crowne Plaza or Doubletree) would be a good second choice--but you will need a taxi to the ship in the morning...

Good luck...

Thanks for the input. I ended up booking the Crowne Plaza. I had mapquested the distance and it stated it was only 7 miles between the hotel and the pier. We are driving down (across?) from Phoenix so we are planning on parking at the pier. I got Crowne Plaza for $65 a night through Priceline.

If you want to check out pics and info on Crowne Plaza, click here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=601984

And I always make sure to point this out for anyone reading as it's important to know...

Crowne Plaza in San Pedro will free hotel shuttle you to both San Pedro and Long Beach (Carnival) piers!

So all Carnival people can look at Crowne Plaza San Pedro as another hotel option - if Long Beach hotels are booked up, or they just don't want to stay in Long Beach.

If you want to check out pics and info on Crowne Plaza, click here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=601984

And I always make sure to point this out for anyone reading as it's important to know...

Crowne Plaza in San Pedro will free hotel shuttle you to both San Pedro and Long Beach (Carnival) piers!

So all Carnival people can look at Crowne Plaza San Pedro as another hotel option - if Long Beach hotels are booked up, or they just don't want to stay in Long Beach.

Thanks Curt! I had looked at your threads and pics prior to booking. They were very helpful. Good to know about the shuttle. We can leave that open as an option.

Thanks for the input. I ended up booking the Crowne Plaza. I had mapquested the distance and it stated it was only 7 miles between the hotel and the pier. We are driving down (across?) from Phoenix so we are planning on parking at the pier. I got Crowne Plaza for $65 a night through Priceline.

Hey Azbaby, I recognized your name from the Roll Call. We're driving too, but from Reno. We are also staying at the Crowne and parking at the LB Parking Garage. Maybe we'll run into you before the cruise. :)

• 4 years later...
I have 1 day in la and would like to see the queen Mary in long beach. What is the best way to do this?

If I were you, I would just start a new thread with the subject heading "How to see the Queen Mary?" as you'll get a better response than posting your question in a different thread that could be overlooked by those who may know the answer.

• 1 year later...
Just wondering if you ever did the tour

We have a day to fill before out flights and wondered if this is a an option thanks

By all means it is an option. They offer an number of different tours including a limited walk about on your own to a fully guided tour and everything in between. What struck us was how primitive ocean liner travel was in QM's day compared today's relative luxury on modern cruise ships. But we had a very interesting time aboard.

http://www.queenmary.com/