Is Millennium Alaska Cruise For Us?

caribgirl40

First, thanks to all the thoughtful forum participants. I've learned a lot and really appreciate the great information!

I'm hoping for some help. My husband, 2 sons and I joined our extended family on a Mercury Alaska cruise several years ago. We had a great on-board experience and fell in love with Alaska's beauty. Now that our boys are a little older (7 and 10), we'd like to venture back for a more adventurous experience. We're thinking of spending a few days exploring in-land Alaska and then joining the Millennium for the Southbound cruise. Does this sound like a good choice given:

1) This is a family vacation and we won't be accessing a lot of the kids' programs. We think our kids are pretty cool and they still like us, so we plan to take advantage of that fact. Plus, do kids really get a lot out of rock climbing walls, and ice rinks? Give my guys a pool and a Shirley Temple and they think they've reached nirvana.

2) Although, this is a family focused trip, my husband and I would enjoy some privacy (heck, we still like each other). Thus, we would like to pull the trigger on a Royal Suite. Celebrity suites, well, seem pretty sweet. True, or not so much?

3) My husband likes to be pampered and would like the quality to reflect the outlay in cash. Is this your experience of Celebrity?

4) I understand there will always be negative reviews for even the finest of cruise ships, but should I be concerned about this particular ship? Do renovations bring a sparkle to the overall experience, as well as the carpet?

Thank you so much for reading my rambling post and offering any suggestions/comments/opinions. These are fantastic problems to have and I truly appreciate your kind responses. Cheers!

we have stayed in a CS on several cruises and enjoy them. the bedroom is separated from the living area with a door. the sole drawback may be the one washroom but its only a week so....?

the RS does have a balcony and is slightly larger (we have stayed in RS several times) but frankly we dont use a balcony much so we dont care

cant help you with the kids program but you will be off the ship most days i would expect so ask yourself how important it is

hava great cruise

I'd do an Alaska cruise on the Millennium in a heartbeat.

Couple of observations. I've seen Royal Suites (not Celebrity Suites). Where would the kids sleep? If there's some way for them to sleep in the living room, then you can't use it. Why not get connecting staterooms? Then you have two bathrooms. And pool? Alaska? Nobody used the outdoor pool on our Alaska trip and we had (relatively) warm weather. Don't think your kids will be spending much time by the pool. The thalasotherapy pool is great, but it is adults only.

Have a great cruise!

Archived