cabin availablity - 2wks out

Betsie

Can anyone give me any information/education on why cabin availablilty keeps changing?? I have been checking one on the online cruise sites for availablity for our 12/5 Radiance cruise.

Each time I look it seems different - there are no inside/oceanview/balcony - then there are...there a several suites - then there are more/less?? I guess it probably has something to do with upgrades......

Does someone have information on when is the latest you can book a cruise - post 9/11 etc??? If we had someone who wanted to join us - could they still book now and when would be the last possible day to book?? Is it possible to book at the pier anymore??

Thanks for any information

Betsie

Cabin availability keeps changing for several reasons. TAs can put a hold on a cabin for a few days for a customer while they decide if they want to take that particlar cruise. The cabin disappears while the hold is on. If they do not follow through and book the cabin shows up again when the hold expires. Also, TAs will sometimes books blocks of cabins. Those cabins will only show up for that particular TA. If they do not sell they can be turned back over to the cruise line and then they will show up again on various web sites.

As for last minute bookings, the last I heard ships passenger lists must be turned over to the proper authorities 72 hours prior to sailing. So it should be pretty impossible to book within three days of sailing.

here is a reason for changes-4 weeks ago I booked a inside cabin 3629 aft.-12/5/radiance-I wanted midship but there was none available-I checked a web ta today(Iwas curious) and saw there was an inside midship available-I called RCI and got my cabin changed-now my old cabin is listed as the only inside left(as of this afternoon)-I will try to upgrade at the peir on the day of sailing-if not thats ok too-Hey i might see you on the Radiance in two weeks-Harry

Archived