Fitness facilities question on the Crown

Ldyandrea

We're doing a big family cruise in just over a week on the Crown, and my brother was asking me about the fitness equipment and facilities. Could anyone give me an idea of what's available, and confirm that they can be used at no charge?

Any other advice or tips on using those facilities would also be very welcome.

Thanks! :)

The gym area is accessed through the spa area. It is a semi-circle area with large windows. There are a variety of cardio machines all facing out these windows. In the middle of the "horseshoe" of machines, there is large open space. I also saw steps, balls, weights, ....

Info on classes from the 1/18/2009 cruise: There are fees for some classes -- yoga, Pilates, spinning -- cost is $12/class. There is a package available if you want to take all 3 classes of yoga, Pilates or spinning, but all 3 classes have to be the same type. No mixing

There were also free classes offered for stretching, Chillax, maybe some abs classes. Most classes were offered in the morning (before 10 am) or late afternoons.

Just to expand on Joy2Day's answer:

The cardio equipment (Treadmills, recumbant bikes, Elliptical machines) and weights are all free to use. On the CB, the fitness centre opened at 0700hrs but you weren't allowed to use the treadmills until after 0800hrs.

There are also change rooms/showers in the spa area that you can use if you don't want to traipse through the ship in your gym clothes.

John

Just to expand on Joy2Day's answer:

The cardio equipment (Treadmills, recumbant bikes, Elliptical machines) and weights are all free to use. On the CB, the fitness centre opened at 0700hrs but you weren't allowed to use the treadmills until after 0800hrs.

There are also change rooms/showers in the spa area that you can use if you don't want to traipse through the ship in your gym clothes.

John

Where? When? We were on the Crown for 28 days in Sept./Oct. I was on a treadmill at 7:02 every day.

Where? When? We were on the Crown for 28 days in Sept./Oct. I was on a treadmill at 7:02 every day.

I'm just echoing what the staff told us on day 1 when we were checking out the facilities. Perhaps it's one of those rules that no-one bothers to enforce.

I'm just echoing what the staff told us on day 1 when we were checking out the facilities. Perhaps it's one of those rules that no-one bothers to enforce.

I guess they were mistaken. I have never had a treadmill restriction on any ship. In fact, sometimes we get lucky and they open the doors a few minutes early.

We're doing a big family cruise in just over a week on the Crown, and my brother was asking me about the fitness equipment and facilities. Could anyone give me an idea of what's available, and confirm that they can be used at no charge?

Any other advice or tips on using those facilities would also be very welcome.

Thanks! :)

All the cardio equiptment is state of the art (Precor I believe) and is free of charge to use~~there are classes you can sign up for with a charge such as pilates, yoga and some spin classes~~treadmills, stationary bikes, recumbent bikes, ellipticals~~~it's all there with an incredible view to pass the time while you're working out:D:D

Just another thing, there are personal TV's attached to the cardio equipment which require headphones

Single plug headphones only. Some of the treadmills have them; others don't. Spa staff will loan you one, but they don't open until 8:00 AM. For sanitary purposes, you are always better off using your own.

Archived