VAT Refund

Nghthawke

Well I've booked our flights. Booked a hotel. Booked our St. Petersburg tour with SPB Tours. Am paying the balance on the cruise this Saturday...

Next... how about filling us in on how to get VAT refunds. What kind of purchases qualify? And how do we go about it at the Copenhagen Airport?

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. :)

Well I've booked our flights. Booked a hotel. Booked our St. Petersburg tour with SPB Tours. Am paying the balance on the cruise this Saturday...

Next... how about filling us in on how to get VAT refunds. What kind of purchases qualify? And how do we go about it at the Copenhagen Airport?

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. :)

Here are the information for Copenhagen Airport:

http://www.globalrefund.com/default.asp?viewFolderId=-10705&viewDocumentId=10705

Every purchase over 50 EUR in the European Union (i. e. except Russia on your itinerary) - which you take home and can show to the customs in Denmark if they like to see it.

Here are more information:

http://www.globalrefund.com/default.asp?viewFolderId=4907&viewDocumentId=9134

Regards,

HeinBloed

I tried to find some info on the Internet and knew I had to stop by two counters but for you to post a map of the airport showing where the counters are located is a bonus. And the refund in 3 easy steps... all the other sites made it sound so complicated.

Do I understand correctly that the VAT on our hotel invoice can be reimbursed?

I tried to find some info on the Internet and knew I had to stop by two counters but for you to post a map of the airport showing where the counters are located is a bonus. And the refund in 3 easy steps... all the other sites made it sound so complicated.

Do I understand correctly that the VAT on our hotel invoice can be reimbursed?

No - this was only available in Canada but withdrawn last year...

You cannot carry your hotel bed through the customs to show it to the customs...

So everything you can show PHYSICALLY to the customs...

So all services (taxi, transport, hotel, restaurants, hair dressers, spa treatments...) are EXCLUDED.

Two tips:

try to buy most things in ONE department store instead of five small stores. Then you can go to one central cashier to exceed the requested amount (mostly 50 EUR or equivalent value in local currency in non Euro-Countries like Denmark). If you buy there in different departments you can show all receipts to a central cashier counter (like in The Bay) and they release one tax check for all purchases in the same department store - in Copenhagen like Magasin or Illum.

Have all purchases for which you got a tax free check from your Baltic Sea countries

Denmark

Sweden

Finland

Poland

Estonia

Latvia

Lithuania

Germany

in one separate bag!!! You need to show them all in Copenhagen when you leave the last EU-country which should be Denmark.

And so you get back the money for all purchases in these country at once.

Regards,

HeinBloed

• 2 weeks later...
No - this was only available in Canada but withdrawn last year...

You cannot carry your hotel bed through the customs to show it to the customs...

So everything you can show PHYSICALLY to the customs...

So all services (taxi, transport, hotel, restaurants, hair dressers, spa treatments...) are EXCLUDED.

Two tips:

try to buy most things in ONE department store instead of five small stores. Then you can go to one central cashier to exceed the requested amount (mostly 50 EUR or equivalent value in local currency in non Euro-Countries like Denmark). If you buy there in different departments you can show all receipts to a central cashier counter (like in The Bay) and they release one tax check for all purchases in the same department store - in Copenhagen like Magasin or Illum.

Have all purchases for which you got a tax free check from your Baltic Sea countries

Denmark

Sweden

Finland

Poland

Estonia

Latvia

Lithuania

Germany

in one separate bag!!! You need to show them all in Copenhagen when you leave the last EU-country which should be Denmark.

And so you get back the money for all purchases in these country at once.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Dear HeinBloed,

If I depart from England, can I get a VAT refund too?

Vielen Dank,

Dear HeinBloed,

If I depart from England, can I get a VAT refund too?

Vielen Dank,

Of course!

The list was related to the cruise of the OP which ended with a return flight from Copenhagen.

That's why UK was not listed above.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived