Belize -- Horseback Riding

TV Dad

• 1 month later...

We had an awesome time! Alfred who is the registered tour guide for the lodge, picked us up. (Be sure you verify what time they will pick you up). It is about an hour and 15 minutes to the lodge, but it was well worth the drive. The lodge is run by a women and man from the US. They have owned the ranch for 30 years. We had 2 guides and they took us thru the jungle, and along the Belize River. It was beautiful. I highly recommend them!

Hi, we went to Banana Bank about 5yrs ago,tour was booked thro NCL, we are not confident riders but the ranch did two rides, one for beginners and the other for more competent.

We did beginners but the ride/trek thro the rain forest and plantation was wonderful.

Picking oranges off the trees as we rode, howler monkeys in the trees and lovely surroundings.

The owner then was an ex rodeo rider and rancher from the U.S. in the sixties or seventies I think, but never the less, a great host.

If we ever visited Belize again we would certainly spend our day there.

I've been to Belize twice and went horseback riding the first time. We didn't use Banana Bank. We went with Smuggler's Run Plantation. It was amazing. They took us back to the plantation after the ride and fixed us an amazing lunch. When we went back we used them again to go see Altun Ha.

Archived