Sun Questions

M&M cruiseaholics

Sailing 1/8/05 8279 Aft Cat. AF

Has anyone stayed in this Cabin or a similar one. We have never had an Aft Cabin before. Pros/Cons?

We have never had Conceirge service available to us before. Do you know if we can book all our dining reservations through them?

Any suggestions for Belize and Roatan excursions?

Last year we were in 8277. Loved the Aft cabin!! We also loved the butler and consierge. We were able to book our dinner reservations through our conceirge as well as priority tender passes. You are going to love it!

We are sailing the Sun 2 weeks after you. We will cave tube in Belize and visit a resort for the day in Roatan. The Sun is an awesome ship, you will have a fabulous time!

We just had this cabin on the 11/06 sailing. We LOVED it. We had previously had a mini-suite in the group that were forward on deck 11 (#1211) and we preferred the layout of 8279. It was more square. The bath/dressing area was laid out better, too. Tons of drawers, we didn't have to bring our hanging shoe thing, afterall. If you have Recto for your cabin steward, he was wonderful. Absolutely no cons in our book. No vibrations or anything. Sometimes you could hear the bass from the theater below during rehearsals, we weren't in the cabin during the shows anyway. It was not bothersome at all, though. The balcony held a lounge chair, 2 regular chairs and a small table with plenty of room to move around. I could send you pix if you want to e-mail me at cjcdavis@comcast.net.

Wish we were going again!

We have always stayed Mid SHip on all previous cruises. I am sure you will love it. We are hoping for the best with the Aft Mini Suite. We have never stayed Aft before and I have been known to get sea sick. Feel free to stop by 8279 and introduce yourselves. Have a safe flight to the pier. I am hoping my Husband enjoys his 50th Birthday which happens to be sailing day, Jan 8th!!!

You should be able to book all your dining reservations through Ray Williams, the concierge. I liked him. He was quite visible and very helpful. I don't know who the concierge was when I did this same cruise two years ago but he didn't seem very helpful or interested in doing his job. Ray was just the opposite.

Actually you can try booking the dinner reservations yourself, too. When we were there two weeks ago they had a desk set up on Deck 5 where you could make reservations for the specialty restaurants. Next to the desk was a table with sample dishes on display from the restaurants.

For Belize a lot of folks seem to enjoy the cave tubing excursions. We did the Lamanai ruins this go-around. We liked them very much, especially the boat ride over to them.

In Roatan, lots of folks enjoy the canopy tour or spending the day at one of the resorts such as Paya Bay or Salt n' Pepper. We wound up doing a tour with a local operator by the name of Victor Bodden and enjoyed it very much. We got to see a lot of the island with Victor and were also able to get in some beach time.

If you want to see my photos, go to http://lrichters.photosite.com

Thank you. I saw your pics and they are wonderful. I am going to try for IL Adagio Restaurant the first night to celebrate my Husband's 50th Birthday. We also want to try La Bistro and possibly East Meets West later inthe week.

We have booked Cave Tubing in Belize and we are uncertain what we are doing in Roatan because Victor is already booked for the day we are there. He was our first choice. We have been to Caymen and Cozumel before but we are looking forward to a return visit.

Ray can additionally help you book excursions thru the ship along with dinner.

He will also have the room decorated w/happy B-Day streamers & balloons if you inform him in time.

At the end of the trip be aware that the concierge is not included in your everyday tips. If he does a nice job for you show your appreciation to him with what you feel appropriate.

I just returned from celebrating my wife's 40th last week, Nov 26th. We were in 8277(AFT) awesome room. He had it decorated when we arrived.

He's the best.

We will be on the Sun on January 15th 2005. Staterooms 9259 with the balcony. Is the concierge service available to everyone? And is it via phone or desk? Thanks.!

Scott

1/15/05

Sorry, Bub, but you're booked in a standard stateroom, not a suite category. No Concierge for you this time around. Concierge service and Butler service are only available to Suite or Higher.

We were there in late October on the Sun. The cave tubing in Belize was great. Much better than I expected. We did the tour with X-Stream, booked it ourselves on-line and saved quite a bit over the ships's price. They were a very professional and safety concious group.

As for Roatan, we went to Las Rocas resort in the West End area of the island for some snorkeling. I would definately recommend somthing in the area of the island.

Sweney,

Il Adagio will be a great place for your husbands birthday. It is our favorite restaurant on the whole ship. Sunsets and moorises are beautiful from there and there is not a bad view of them in the whole restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived