Now here is an innovation we'd like to try on our next river cruise

retiredslug

Reading through the current Uniworld brochure this morning and an interesting concept caught my attention. "Evening offers an elegant ambience with open seating, or try our new, exciting al fresco evening dining on the sun deck--make sure to place your onboard request in early as space is limited."

Not only could this help alleviate the congestion in the dining room but it also provides an additional dining option, assuming the weather cooperates. Can't wait til 2010.

Bill

Tauck is also offering "alternative bistro dining" this year on its three riverboats. This is "lighter fare served in the teak-lined Lido Bar with a 180-degree glass wall that fully opens for inside-outside dining".

My husband and I took Tauck's Holland and Belgium in Spring tour last April and would have loved to have the choice of eating a lighter meal for dinner at a table for two in a smaller dining room. The Lido Bar is lovely and we enjoyed several light breakfasts and snacks up there while cruising.

I would not be surprised if all the companies start to offer alternative dining now.

I think we'll pass on that when we do our Christmas Markets in December. :eek:

That was my first thought since I've never been lucky enough to do a river cruise during the spring or summer :D Sounds like it would be nice though. I'd sign up for it!

Count me in too....I think it's a great idea!! Sometimes you feel like a sit down meal with other people and sometimes you just want to have a light supper....if the weather cooperates....under the stars while sailing on the river....WOW how totally Paris!!!!!

Archived