Really Quick Qest - C753 avail on the Crown, should I take it?

jetfan0330

C753 just came available on my Crown sailing. I have a BB guarantee. Do I hold out or grab C753?

Thank You!

How did you find out that it became available?

We are looking at cruises for next winter and TA said it wasn't available on anything we were interested in. She also said you can't waitlist a specific cabin.

We had cabin C753 on the Star last Nov., first time in aft facing cabin, and absolutely loved it. Have booked the Golden to Alaska C752 and Star to Mex Riv. C753, will not go if I cannot have one of the those cabins! Completely ruined me for any other cabin other than maybe a Suite! You will not be sorry you got the cabin, trust me.

ivielane, I'm so pleased to hear this! It will be our first time in C752 on the Golden this March.

Chamina, it may have been just luck for him, I was just checking cruise sites and princess.com when I saw C752 available, I called my TA fast.:)

Dianne

I just happened to be checking out prices to make sue I received a good deal and when I got to the cabin reserve page it was there. Funny thing is I just gave back the aft balcony with the beam yesterday after I read about the beam issues. Figured I would take my luch with a guarantee and then this showed up. Looks like everyone who has stayed in C753 or 752 loves it.

Sea Fan: Being aft last Nov. on the Star was fun, he backed the ship into the pier at Puerto Vallarta. Glad he didn't come near the pier, I would have panicked watching it get closer and closer. I told my husband I guess he has little side view mirrors and a backup rear view mirror that we can't see! Probably just stands there at the wheel and looks over his shoulder as he is back ing in.

I see you are from Northern CA, we are 65 miles east of Redding, by Lassen Volcanic National Park, snow all over the place. Where you from?

Ivielane, I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, Castro Valley. My parents lived in Redding for 5 years I love it there. Also did a lot of camping at Lassen as a kid, it just gets a little warm in the summer though:D

We were actually upgraded to a AFT Suite on the Diamond last year on a 3 day LA to Vancouver, that was it for me. We have always a balcony cabin but aft is just so perfect! We will have a lot of sea days to Hawaii, I am so excited!

LOL the backing up would of gotten my attention also, so did he have the little Beep Beep Beep horn as he did it?:eek::D

Dianne

Sea Fan: Upgraded to a suite, now that is sweet! No didn't hear any little beep, beep, beep, but then again, I wasn't listening for it. I peered around the partition to the suite balcony wooden furniture and it didn't look nearly as comfy as the reg. balcony furniture, but then again, what would I know, never had a suite.

Ah yes, Redding. I grew up there, warm yes, flat out blistering hot, but the evenings are good when it not boiling hot.

We had B751 with the beam and right next door was B753 which is a very nice balcony. I noticed in your comments that you gave up B751 due to beam. You got lucky to get B753.

The beam is not that big of a deal. The balcony is completely covered and the beam really does not pose much of an issue. We got the cabin as part of an upgrade. I would take it again if you can see from the pictures there is plenty of room in front of to the left and behind the beam.

IMG_0030.jpg.2261c91c58e72089c1fae54a7e3ea00e.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg.fa353e950cbd0146cabcb7742cd5f516.jpg

Be sure to have your cabin marked "NO UPGRADE" and get a confirmation email from your TA.

Worst case you could be upgraded to a non-aft BA balcony & lose your aft balcony. :( Of course you also could be upgraded to a minisuite. However, I'd rather have an aft balcony than an AA, AB, or AC mini. An upgrade to a suite would certainly be nice, but very unlikely.

I just posted a similar question. We just grabbed C753 on the Sapphire. We had a minisuite, but even downgraded to get this aft cabin. We are traveling to Alaska, so the ultimate view is most important rather than room size.

I hope we made a good choice, seems like it based on pp posts. Any pics of C753, balcony view?

Archived