What to pack for a 5 y/o and a 9 y/o?

ssatterly

I will bring a couple of really nice dresses for my girls. We try and get a good family portrait while we are all dressed up for the formal evenings. My girls can't wait for the formal nights and are very excited about wearing the special clothes. We also bring extra tops for my 4 yo daughter. She is a bit messy and when she gets dirty at lunch or snacks we can change her top. I also bring a sun dress that my girls can use over their bathings suits in the ports. I also pack a backpack full of little toys that they can play with in the cabin and a small pad of paper and little box of crayons to take to the dining room to keep them busy while they are waiting at dinner. Hope this helps. Have a fun cruise!

Extra swimming suit for warm weather destinations. Kids just seem to hate getting into the still wet ones!

Waiting in line for embarkation and debarkation can also be 'boring' times for the kids. Bring toys and paper and books for them to keep entertained. Be certain that they are VERY portable for those times they are in a "moving" line. Be certain to have snacks and a bottle for water.

Check out the children's programs on-board. Pick the counselors' brains as to "can't miss" activities and places.

Archived