Upgrade dance!!!

Kathie44

DH and I booked the Summit June 3 Classical Mediterranean cruise last year at $2399 for an OV cabin. DH passed away in Aug. but a new friend from my bereavement group, who lost her husband 2 mos after mine, is going with me.

The price was reduced last fall by $350, which was great. I called my TA on Wed. to get the ball rolling on the name change for the reservation. TA called me back and said X has reduced the price $900 AND upgraded us from a Cat 8 OV to CC. :D :D :D

DH and I never could quite bring ourselves to fork over the extra $$$ for a veranda, let alone a CC. Now I will probably be DOOMED to want CC, or at least a veranda, in the future. :eek:

Not complaining!! It's so nice that I didn't have to cancel either of the '09 cruises booked last year. DH's sister went with me on Galaxy 1/19 to the S. Carib and now I'm going to the Med.

X seems to be wheeling and dealing. I've seen ads not only for price reductions, but also for half-price deposits, included tips and extra OBC. They must be scrambling for pax.

DH and I booked the Summit June 3 Classical Mediterranean cruise last year at $2399 for an OV cabin. DH passed away in Aug. but a new friend from my bereavement group, who lost her husband 2 mos after mine, is going with me.

The price was reduced last fall by $350, which was great. I called my TA on Wed. to get the ball rolling on the name change for the reservation. TA called me back and said X has reduced the price $900 AND upgraded us from a Cat 8 OV to CC. :D :D :D

DH and I never could quite bring ourselves to fork over the extra $$$ for a veranda, let alone a CC. Now I will probably be DOOMED to want CC, or at least a veranda, in the future. :eek:

Not complaining!! It's so nice that I didn't have to cancel either of the '09 cruises booked last year. DH's sister went with me on Galaxy 1/19 to the S. Carib and now I'm going to the Med.

X seems to be wheeling and dealing. I've seen ads not only for price reductions, but also for half-price deposits, included tips and extra OBC. They must be scrambling for pax.

Kathie - Wow now thats a great deal. Bob and I enjoyed meeting you and Rene on Galaxy. Hope you have just as wonderful trip in the Med as Galaxy

Talk to you soon

Helen

Archived