Welcome Back

wildweston

Welcome back Evon and Badgerbill from your NZ cruise. I hope you had a great time and look forward to your reviews. You were missed by fellow CCer's. :):):)

Thanks Cheryl. We had a great time and I particularly enjoyed the company of Shiona and John (Badgerbill) and Lorraine (Q'ld Cruiser) as well as our travelling companions Barry and Christine (Bazzaw).

I'll write a review shortly. We arrived home to news that our ancient cat had finally reached the end of his road while we were away.

Work is now ready to start on our house that was damaged in the bad storm on 16th November, and the quote for repairs to the house (not contents) is $125,368. We are very glad that we have adequate insurance and that Suncorp has turned out to be one of the easiest insurance companies to deal with. At least we still have a house, not like the unfortunate people in Victoria.

Evon.

Hi Cheryl thanks for the lovely welcome back.....we too had a fabulous time, the ports, the weather, and of course the special people we met....big hello to Evon and Peter, Lorraine and Ray and Barry and Christine.... were all A++. It was our first time on the Pacific Sun and for a middle-aged ship she is still in pretty good condition...the crew were fantastic....... so no real complaints about P.O......:D:D;) Having cruised with P.O a few times you can see they are trimming back, a shame but a sign of the times.....we paid a pittance for this cruise so all in all it was a bargain.........we were allocated U21 an inside 4 berth, made into a double, cabin on Upper Deck it was surprisingly large and we had 4 wardrobes between us.....:D:D.....the bathroom was also a very good size....stability was not an issue even though this cabin is far forward. Off to sort out our photos and have a quick look at the video John shot.... cheers Shiona

Glad you all had a great time.Looking forward to reading all about it. Evon glad to hear your house will be all repaired and brand new again. Very sorry to hear about your cat, will you get another one?

Shiona hope your having fun sorting out your photos ,bet you have some great shots.Great to hear Pacific Sun was good. I picked it because it's my first cruise and just going up Qld coast so I will see how I go. I'm sure I will love it. I am down to 69 days now :)

Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for your comments. We will not be getting another cat. We travel too much. Our daughter and boyfriend live at home so they look after the animals when we are away. They have had to look after several crises lately! We enjoy cruising a few times a year and we need to travel for our (part time) work as travel writers. We have a very old dog who is deaf and partly blind and unfortunately she was run over in our front yard just a few days before the cruise. Although it happened on our bitumen driveway, she didn't have any broken bones - just bruising and scrapes. We were all very lucky.

Hopefully the house will be repaired in a few months, but it will be a lot of disruption while it is happening.

Evon.

Archived