compass reward points

sailingnut

My compass rewards points came today in the mail and they were 100 points, it said on a future cruise - one upgrade. Is that possible with only 100 points. Does anyone know just what I would get with just 100 points. I am not getting excited about it until I know. Thanks.

Make sure you got the right number of points! There have been many, many people who earned $500, $1,000 and more Compass Rewards - but only received the 1 category upgrade certificates. The NCL MasterCard "sticky" at the top of the NCL thread has tons of info!

Are you still thinking about the PC?

Just received my certificates in the mail today. Had 886 points. Got one 500 certificate towards cash. The rest were 4 100 certificates for upgrades. Is NCL kidding. :confused: What good is that. Let me tell you I would rather let these certificates expire before I would give NCL another penney. I called today to see if I booked a cruise would they do anything else with my extra 400 points and I got "sorry" their is nothing we can do. Well guess what, their are plenty of other cruise lines I can go on. I am a lattitude memeber and all. You would think the way the ecomony is they would try and work something out with me. :pThis is truly where NCL makes a big mistake with snootie operators who say sorry we can't do anything else for you. Guess what, I can't do anything else for you.

Just received my certificates in the mail today. Had 886 points. Got one 500 certificate towards cash. The rest were 4 100 certificates for upgrades. Is NCL kidding. :confused: What good is that. Let me tell you I would rather let these certificates expire before I would give NCL another penney. I called today to see if I booked a cruise would they do anything else with my extra 400 points and I got "sorry" their is nothing we can do. Well guess what, their are plenty of other cruise lines I can go on. I am a lattitude memeber and all. You would think the way the ecomony is they would try and work something out with me. :pThis is truly where NCL makes a big mistake with snootie operators who say sorry we can't do anything else for you. Guess what, I can't do anything else for you.

I can understand the anger that many have about not receiving the proper award certificates but frankly, I don't know why you are upset.

I too had around 800 points and got a $500 certificate and 4 100 point upgrade certificates...and I expected no more. Yes, it stinks that the program was discontinued before we made that next 500 points, but we had plenty of advanced notice and could have gotten those extra points had we really tried.

The policy always stated that a miniumum of 500 points was needed for the dollars off a cruise certificate and any other amounts would be given in the upgrade certificates. And that's what they did. Did you expect $900 in cruise certificates? Don't know why you would ever have expected that.

So, why you would leave NCL when they simply did what you signed up for the first place is beyond me.

CG

My compass rewards points came today in the mail and they were 100 points, it said on a future cruise - one upgrade. Is that possible with only 100 points. Does anyone know just what I would get with just 100 points. I am not getting excited about it until I know. Thanks.

First, this may sound like a really strange question, but did you have the NCL Bank Of America Card? You are probably thinking "duh", but the reason I ask is that someone on here posted that they received a couple of the 100 points compass reward upgrade certificates in the mail and had never had a card. Who knows why they are sending them to some people but they are. And some who are waiting for some very valuable coupons aren't getting them. :rolleyes:

If you did indeed have the card, did you only have around 100 points accumulated? If not, they have shorted you in what you are to receive. There are several threads here about what to do if that is the case.

If you had 500 points you should get a compass reward certificate for $500 off of a cruise. Other increments less then 500 points, would be 1 certificate for every 100 points. Or for example, if you have 800 points it would be one for $500 off a cruise and 3 100 point upgrade certificates.

Regarding the 100 point upgrade certificates, the general concensus is that they are pretty useless, but they can save you a little bit of money. Here's how they work.

100 - One category upgrade for first person in stateroom

200 - One category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom

300 - Two category upgrade for first person and one category upgrade for second person in stateroom

400 - Two category upgrade for first and second person in stateroom

The upgrade must be within the same category...inside to inside, OV to OV, Balcony to balcony. No upgrading beyond category such as OV to balcony, and suites are not eligible at all.

So, with your 1 certificate, you could book 2 people in the highest level balcony room and 1 of you would pay the price for the next lowest balcony category...probably around $20 or less. That's why people say that they're just about useless.

CG

Just received my certificates in the mail today. Had 886 points. Got one 500 certificate towards cash. The rest were 4 100 certificates for upgrades. Is NCL kidding. :confused: What good is that. Let me tell you I would rather let these certificates expire before I would give NCL another penney.
Check out my appends in the Sticky thread for contact numbers for NCL Guest Relations. I'm in the same situation, 1 $500 certificate and 4 upgrades. I love the $500, but feel the 4 upgrades are near worthless. Also, you can't combine dollars off coupons with upgrades on the same cruise, so if you want to use both types, that's 2 different cruises. I'm going to call/write to NCL Guest Relations asking that they change their rules. I know I'm not entitled to a change, but I think given that they discontinued the program it would be nice if they relaxed the rules a bit. I definitely wouldn't book a cruise just to take advantage of the 4 upgrades, however I would book one just to take advantage of the $500. I didn't earn points for the upgrades, I earned them to get to the dollars off plateaus.

I hope they make a change, otherwise, I'll feel like I wasted earning those last 400 points on that card versus using my RCL card, which curious enough, does have $100 off certificates.

Ya know, it's very scary Monte. I posted my reply before I even read yours. Great minds think alike! LOL

CG

LOL-guess what I got for my over 1000 points.

1-100 pt upgrade cert (but no sweat-I've contacted BoA a while back and they said they had discovered the error and my correct certificates would be mailed yesterday-so I'll just chill for a week or so)

Check out my appends in the Sticky thread for contact numbers for NCL Guest Relations. I'm in the same situation, 1 $500 certificate and 4 upgrades. I love the $500, but feel the 4 upgrades are near worthless. Also, you can't combine dollars off coupons with upgrades on the same cruise, so if you want to use both types, that's 2 different cruises. I'm going to call/write to NCL Guest Relations asking that they change their rules. I know I'm not entitled to a change, but I think given that they discontinued the program it would be nice if they relaxed the rules a bit. I definitely wouldn't book a cruise just to take advantage of the 4 upgrades, however I would book one just to take advantage of the $500. I didn't earn points for the upgrades, I earned them to get to the dollars off plateaus.

I hope they make a change, otherwise, I'll feel like I wasted earning those last 400 points on that card versus using my RCL card, which curious enough, does have $100 off certificates.

It wouldn't hurt to ask them to change the ruling, but I sure wouldn't count on it. And as I said before, we all signed up for the card knowing full well what the rules were. I didn't expect those rules to change once they announced that the program was ending. It would have been nice, but I wasn't expecting it, so I wasn't surprised with the upgrade certificates.

CG

Archived