premium seats on thomson flights

I am flying to La Romana to do the b2b cruise onboard the Destiny. I have recently checked and there is still quite a few premium seats on the Thomsons aircraft which costs £199, too expensive for me. I was wondering if they still have some left nearer the time of flying, do they come down in price and what is the chance of bagging one for free?:confused:

Anyone ever had a free upgrade on a Thomson flight?

Yes there were some premium seats left on our flights which were available at £110 (I think) on the plane. People who had them spoke well of the premium seats but ours was a First Choice 767 and we thought the basic seats were pretty good too - quite spacious with good leg room/leather seats/personal t.v.

How did you manage that. Good for you:D

I'd been looking on tinternet for the best prices for a couple of weeks and one Sunday afternoon, it showed up with free upgrades to AI and premium seats. Printed all the details off and hot-tailed to to our local Thomson TA, who to be frank were absolutely amazed at the deal!!! Spoke to them a couple of days later, and they'd tried to get the upgrades for other customers but we'd got the last (free) seats!

Ann

Well we have decided to not bother with the premium upgrade and have booked into Glasgow airport's sky lounge instead. We were told our flight from Glasgow is an ex First Choice flight and that it is almost if not equal to premium class with other airlines and that it has a 2 3 2 configuration of seats. Does anyone know if this is correct.

I haven't been in an airport lounge before so decided to treat ourselves. Has anyone been in this lounge. If so can they let me know if its worth the money.:confused::D;)

I am also flying out on the same flight as you. Went over to the Caribbean last year with the same air company and it was not to bad, not worth the upgade in my opinion.

Have'nt tried the Sky Lounge but at £37 including free drinks and snack seems good value. Two or three hours in the airport is not to bad, time to get and eat breakfast, look at the shops, buy a paper and a magazine, it soon goes in.

Ron:o

Great maybe see you onboard:rolleyes: We will be the two guys at the sailaway party with really loud shirts. They are supplied by our wives and we dont see them until we have to wear them. Its a bet that we wont have the bottle. Never been beaten yet. So if you see us dont think we have really bad dress sense its just something thats becoming a bit of a tradition on the first night of our cruise.:eek:

Archived