LA airport and LA sea port question

My DH and I will be flying Southwest air to LA in May. We will be sailing the Mariner of the Sea. We noticed there are several airports in LA. Which airport is the closest to the Sea port? Thanks. :)

Another option is to consider booking Primetime or Supershuttle shared van from airport to cruise terminal and return. We've booked primetime from CT to LAX, reasonable, reliable, we got an online booking discount. We also used Supershuttle from Galveston to Houston Hobby back in December. Very reasonable, reliable.

Long Beach is the closest-- it is just south of San Pedro, but far smaller than LAX with limited carriers-- one of which is JetBlue.

A prior poster listed good info for LAX: Primetime Shuttle or Super Shuttle-- they are very competetively priced. We have used Primetime several times. If you have more than 2 people + luggage, I highly suggest these as an alternative to a cab. Cost should be about $60+ tip for 4 people-- maybe a little more, but not much.

Jay

Mariner will sail from San Pedro; the closest airport is probably Long Beach.

We've always flown into LAX; it can't be more than a 20-minute cab ride from the airport to the pier. Very quick & easy.

Long Beach is the closest airport. Ride from LAX to San Pedro is longer than 20 minutes! On the best day (Sunday) plan on 45 minutes. If it is a weekday, it could take an hour or more. Long Beach would be around 20 minutes each way.

Mike

Of the airports that Southwest flys to (LAX,ONT,BUR,SNA), LAX is the closest.

If you are like me, and worry about flight delays, consider flying in a day early. That way, you can pick the lowest airfare with less worries for flight delays.

One time I stayed in the Queen Mary Hotel in Long Beach before a cruise. It was fascinating to see the differences between a ship built in the 30s with a modern cruise ship.

Aloha,

John

We're flying from Chicago O'Hare on United into LAX in July. This will be our first trip to CA. I shopped around for the best price on Kayak.com. Jet Blu into Long Beach had some really great fares, but the only return flight they offered back to Chicago left at 10:30 am and I think that would be cutting it a wee bit close, if not impossible. As it is, we're going to fly in on Friday and plan on doing some sightseeing. We're really looking forward to this trip.

We'll be renting a car through Avis at LAX and I have the return at Long Beach. Have any of you rented through Avis and done a return at the Avis near the port?

For our flight home from LAX, we'll probably just do a shuttle.

We're flying from Chicago O'Hare on United into LAX in July. This will be our first trip to CA. I shopped around for the best price on Kayak.com. Jet Blu into Long Beach had some really great fares, but the only return flight they offered back to Chicago left at 10:30 am and I think that would be cutting it a wee bit close, if not impossible. As it is, we're going to fly in on Friday and plan on doing some sightseeing. We're really looking forward to this trip.

We'll be renting a car through Avis at LAX and I have the return at Long Beach. Have any of you rented through Avis and done a return at the Avis near the port?

For our flight home from LAX, we'll probably just do a shuttle.

The Long Beach car rental is right on site (across the drive through passenger drop off) from the main entry to Long Beach Airport. We rented for the day from Enterprise at LGB; most (if not all) the rental agencies offices were in the same building. For lack of better terms, the (building) "rental office" is a triple-wide trailer in the parking lot at LGB.

If Avis has a shuttle, it will be easy for you to get back to San Pedro. If not, cabs are lined up right outside the rental office as well- this is what we did, as we actually were staying w/ some others back on Queen Mary and had to meet up with them. Either way, it is a short trip from LGB to the pier at San Pedro.

Jay

Archived