Orlando - Port Canaveral - Tips or Suggestions

august1963

Hello Neighbor,

Far north side Polaris area here.

We used Travelynx to get back and forth between Orlando and Port Canaveral. They were on time and professional, no complaints. Here is a link:

http://www.travelynx.net/

I noticed a lot of Cocoa Beach Shuttle busses, they seemed to be a very big operation.

We stayed at Country Inn & Suites. Hotel was clean and comfortable and we could see the ship from our window the next morning. They had a very good complementary continental breakfast and the shuttle to the port I think was around $3 per person. I would definitely stay there again. Here is a link:

http://www.countryinns.com/capecanaveralfl

Have a GREAT cruise!

I noticed a lot of Cocoa Beach Shuttle busses, they seemed to be a very big operation.

*I can't say nice enough things about this operation, good people right on time very happy.

We stayed at Country Inn & Suites. Hotel was clean and comfortable and we could see the ship from our window the next morning. They had a very good complementary continental breakfast and the shuttle to the port I think was around $3 per person. I would definitely stay there again. Here is a link:

A question for you, how did you get from the airport to here and approx how much per night?

*I can't say nice enough things about this operation, good people right on time very happy.

A question for you, how did you get from the airport to here and approx how much per night?

We used Travelynx to get from the airport to the hotel (Country Inn & Suites). We also used them after the cruise to get back to the airport. I am at work so I cant check my credit card statement, but I remember the room being around $150 a night. Could have got it cheaper using my Triple A discount but I waited too long to reserve a room and the number of rooms they offer at the AAA rate were already booked.

Does anyone have some info on getting from Orlando to Port Canaveral.....where to stay in Orlando, how do you get to PC, etc. ? Thanks

Hello,

We are renting a car, (3 of us) quoted $77 one way, pick up Friday, MCO, drop off Saturday before boarding, staying Raddison at the Port for $99, free shuttle to ship.

Good luck!! :o)

Does anyone have some info on getting from Orlando to Port Canaveral.....where to stay in Orlando, how do you get to PC, etc. ? Thanks

This is a link from the East Coast Departures then under Florida Departures section of CC. It has more information on Port Canaveral in one spot than other place on this board.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=590649&highlight=best+cape+canaveral

As far as hotels go, you can get a GREAT price by using Priceline and naming your own price. With the economy being what it is, you'd be surprised what you can get. I had to go to FL for 6 weeks because my Mom was ill and I ended up getting a Motel 6 for $11 per night! I also got a Hyatt Regency for $30 per night. Amazing deals.

I just talked to TA and he said you can't get the Carnival shuttle from Orlando to Port Canaveral on the night before your cruise. We'll be getting into Orlando around 8:30 p.m. and want to stay the night in Port Canaveral.

Also, is there someplace near the Port Canaveral pier to buy some beer before boarding?

One last question - can someone tell me how to find my posts so I don't have to scroll through all the posts? thanks

We always fly in one day early rent car from budget about $50 stay at radison at the port return car to budget only one block they will shuttle you to port pick you up when you return, rent car again for 50

This is alot cheaper than taxi from airport, thats a stiff price!!!! We rented a car the second time we cruised out of Port Canaveral, way cheaper.

Carole

We always fly in one day early rent car from budget about $50 stay at radison at the port return car to budget only one block they will shuttle you to port pick you up when you return, rent car again for 50

That is exactly what we are doing but because cruise IS Easter week Apr. 4-11, I believe the rental cars are more expensive. Can't find any for under at least $80.

I just talked to TA and he said you can't get the Carnival shuttle from Orlando to Port Canaveral on the night before your cruise. We'll be getting into Orlando around 8:30 p.m. and want to stay the night in Port Canaveral.

Also, is there someplace near the Port Canaveral pier to buy some beer before boarding?

One last question - can someone tell me how to find my posts so I don't have to scroll through all the posts? thanks

Look at the Cruise Critic header at the top of the page. Below it the first item is userCP. Click on that, any thread you have posted to should show there.

Dan

I just got off of Glory on Saturday. It sounds like you guys have the right idea...renting a car and staying at the Raddison. Please note DO NOT rent from Avis (which we did). We had problems on top of problems and had to wait for almost a hour for the shuttle to pick us up from the pier. Their promise was a shuttle to run every 15 minutes...not true! There was only one shuttle running. I will never rent from there again!

I also recommend making a quick visit to the manatee park before getting on the ship...we didn't see manatees though it but we did see dolphins.

Look at the Cruise Critic header at the top of the page. Below it the first item is userCP. Click on that, any thread you have posted to should show there.

Dan

Dan, thanks for your answer.....but I don't see anything called userCP - help?

Dan, thanks for your answer.....but I don't see anything called userCP - help?

At the top of EVERY Cruise Critic page is a box containing the Cruise Critic name [logo] and a photo of people waving by a rail. Along the bottom of that is a string of links starting with User CP, then FAQ, then Guidelines, etc. Start by clicking on User CP. But by and by click on all of them, there are a brazillion things to learn.

BoardsCruise StylesDealsFeaturesFind a CruiseLuxuryNewsPlanningPortsReviews talkship.jpgCruiseCriticLogo2.gif HomeCruise Agencies | Cruise Deals navbits_start.gif Cruise Critic Message Boards > Cruise Lines "A - O" > Carnival Cruise Lines > Orlando - Port Canaveral - Tips or Suggestions navbits_finallink_ltr.gif

User CP FAQ Guidelines Photo Gallery Countdown Clocks Store FREE E-Letter Member Cruises Members List New Posts Search menu_open.gifQuick Links menu_open.gifLog Out

Dan

I just got off of Glory on Saturday. It sounds like you guys have the right idea...renting a car and staying at the Raddison. Please note DO NOT rent from Avis (which we did). We had problems on top of problems and had to wait for almost a hour for the shuttle to pick us up from the pier. Their promise was a shuttle to run every 15 minutes...not true! There was only one shuttle running. I will never rent from there again!

I also recommend making a quick visit to the manatee park before getting on the ship...we didn't see manatees though it but we did see dolphins.

I did reserve a car with Avis. Do you mean after debarking ship you had to wait all that time? I had actually planned on getting a cab to take us to Avis, didn't know they had a shuttle. What other issues did you have?

We are going the week of Easter so I know things will be hectic and probably more crowded everywhere.

Thanks, Donna

Thank you for the mousesaver tip! I did check out Dollar and yes, I could do a 22 hour rental for $40! BUT, they charge $15 for a drop off fee so it ends up not being much cheaper than Avis because Avis does not charge the drop off fee. So next issue is, do I want to rent from Avis after this bad review :eek:

Sorry things went so badly for you with Avis.:(

I have rented from them on at 4 occasions and have never had a problem. I will be renting with them again May 3rd.

Bill

At Avis when I dropped off the car prior to imbarkation, I wanted to pay cash instead of charging it on the card on file...they said no unless I had cash. Then they were out of paper so they weren't able to give me a receipt. At disembarkation our # was 34, so we were the last group off of the ship. So the shuttle guys excuse was that after a certain point Avis only runs one shuttle...makes since, but that's not the promise they make. At one point we called to see where in the world they were and the automated message stated "shuttling available every 15 minutes". The car that we got at Port Canaveral was old, dirty and in bad running condition. I am quite frugal and always go with the cheapest option, however the next time no matter how much cheaper it is...I won't choose Avis.

I did reserve a car with Avis. Do you mean after debarking ship you had to wait all that time? I had actually planned on getting a cab to take us to Avis, didn't know they had a shuttle. What other issues did you have?

We are going the week of Easter so I know things will be hectic and probably more crowded everywhere.

Thanks, Donna

We were on a Disney cruise and after we got off the ship just ask anybody where the Avis shuttle is.

All the shuttles are over near a fence. We were off the ship, did the Avis shuttle, rented our Avis car, drove to the airport, returned the car and were through security and siting at our gate by 9:30am.

I would imagine that the other posters problem had to do with them running out of cars.

Bill

Hello Neighbor,

Far north side Polaris area here.

We used Travelynx to get back and forth between Orlando and Port Canaveral. They were on time and professional, no complaints. Here is a link:

http://www.travelynx.net/

Have a GREAT cruise!

We are staying at the Country Inn & Suites for the first time in May. How is the pool area? The hotel looks very nice from the pics. Is this the way it really looks?

We are thinking of Fish Lips for dinner. Did you happen to go there? Any info would be appreciated.

How did you get from the airport to hotel? We are thinking of renting a car, as it seems the cheapest, but have nothing definate, as I am still researching.

Thanks for any imput:D

As far as hotels go, you can get a GREAT price by using Priceline and naming your own price. With the economy being what it is, you'd be surprised what you can get. I had to go to FL for 6 weeks because my Mom was ill and I ended up getting a Motel 6 for $11 per night! I also got a Hyatt Regency for $30 per night. Amazing deals.

I am sailing on the Glory March 21st, and we are flying in teh night before. We found an Orlando area hotel the night before our cruise for $35 a night on Hotwire. Its only 1 mile from Universal, which works out great because we are going to Universal CityWalk that evening. Hotwire is IMO the best hotel site out there if you aren't comfortable with the whole Priceline system.

We are staying at the Country Inn & Suites for the first time in May. How is the pool area? The hotel looks very nice from the pics. Is this the way it really looks?

We are thinking of Fish Lips for dinner. Did you happen to go there? Any info would be appreciated.

How did you get from the airport to hotel? We are thinking of renting a car, as it seems the cheapest, but have nothing definate, as I am still researching.

Yes..the hotel really is very nice and looks like the pics. Sorry, we did not use the pool, we never do.

We used Travelynx shuttle service to get from the airport to the hotel. The hotel has a free shuttle in the evening that takes you to area restaurants. We asked the Travelynx driver and the Country Inn & Suites shuttle driver for dinner suggestions, we were in the mood for Italian.They both recommended a local restaurant called Cazoni's. It was very good.

fishlips is great !!!! the chicken nachos are FABBBBB

i was just at fishlips for ladies night last night :D

Archived