St. Martin beach recommendation

ScottNkimmy

DH and I are going to be in St. Martin on 12/20/09.

We've been there many times before and done sightseeing and other excursions... we're looking for a relaxing beach day this time. We are fairly low maintenance but I'd like to 1. Feel safe 2. Have some shade (I'm a red-head) 3. have restroom facilities near by and 4. have food/snacks available near by.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Just there on 02/12/09 and have been there many times before. This time we just went to the beach in town and had a great time. We got 2 nice chairs with umbrella and a bucket of 6 beers for $15.00. Restaurants and bathrooms right across the boardwalk.

Just there on 02/12/09 and have been there many times before. This time we just went to the beach in town and had a great time. We got 2 nice chairs with umbrella and a bucket of 6 beers for $15.00. Restaurants and bathrooms right across the boardwalk.

You were just "Where" Pinel? or Legallion.

We just got back in January. I love absolutely loved Pinel island. We took a taxi to the Culdesac about $30 from Philipsburg. You need to make arrangements for the taxi driver to come back to get you. No taxi stands there. It took about 30 minutes from the cruise docks to get there.

Once there you take a water taxi-ferry for $7 round trip. They only run on the hour from 10 to 4. 15 minutes to Pinel on Ferry.

Once there just plop your stuff on the sand. Beach chairs are 2 for 20. We bought them but next time I would not. At the most there was 30 people on island the whole day.

Two resturants are on the island but if you want to eat good food nice and cheap at the culde sac there is a nice little food stand with beer soda and food. The three of us ate and drank for $15 USD

Snorkling, swimming there was beautiful.

No one lives on island and there are no road just foot paths. We walked all over and just could not believe how beautiful and totally undeveloped this island is and I hope will remian.

There is a gift shop of sorts. King Tom has items for sale hanging from the trees. Birds in trees hanging in an out of the wind chimes.

I can't even begin to explain the beauty of this island. I am so glad we went island hopping. Would love to hear if you went.

Archived