Carnival Cruise - Cozumel Time

tommy2tone_1999

My family and I will be sailing out of Mobile on the Fantasy this November. Does Carnival use the local time, or the departure port time? If both are Central Daylight Time, then I guess it doesn't matter, unless Mexico doesn't follow daylight savings time.:confused:

You'll stay on ship's time. Central for Mobile, right??

Cozumel reverts to standard time on the last Saturday/Sunday in October. Since the extension of Daylight Saving Time here three years-ago, the USA doesn't change back until a week later, the first Saturday/Sunday in November. As long as you are not sailing during this short window, Cozumel and Mobile will be on the same time. What the ship does during this particular week is unknown to me.

although usually it stays on departure port time.

This a really bad assumption to make. The reason ships stay on home port time so often is due to not changing time zones or syopping in only one port with a time change. You are sailing the Conquest soon, if your sailing is before the beginning of DST you will change time, every winter sailing does. Once on DST no Conquest sailings change time. Is it Captain's choice? I don't know but I suspect not. Captains are typically 10 weeks on then 10 weeks off. The ships follow the same patterns regardless of who is in command. I think ship time is a corporate decision but that is only my hunch.

My family and I will be sailing out of Mobile on the Fantasy this November. Does Carnival use the local time, or the departure port time? If both are Central Daylight Time, then I guess it doesn't matter, unless Mexico doesn't follow daylight savings time.:confused:

If this is a concern because of shore excursions, I can assure you that your tour operator will be waiting for you when you get off the ship.

They make a living at this and know exactly when your ship ports...

Ok I found this site:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=1235

According to the site, Cozumel is on CST.

Daylight Savings Time starts:Sunday, April 5, 2009 at 2:00 AM local standard time.

And ends:Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 2:00 AM local daylight time.

In the USA (Mobile/CST):

Daylight Savings Time starts:Sunday, March 8, 2009 at 2:00 AM local standard time

And ends:Sunday, November 1, 2009 at 2:00 AM local daylight time

So there is a bit of a difference with DST. but the time when I cruise should be the same at both places.

Archived