Alaskan Cruise Advice

fsugator

So, we are going on an Alaskan Cruise tour in June 2009. We are flying from Orlando. How can we bring on our own alcohol. Do we purchase in Vancouver (doesn't sound very simple) before we board the ship or can we put small bottles within our checked luggage? What have you done in these situations. Please help us save some money. We don't want to spend money on a bunch of froo froo drinks. A simple vodka and oj or rum and diet coke will do. Thanks ahead for your advice and tips ;)

My understanding is wine is OK, other stuff not. We brought wine on our Carnival cruise in December with no problem at all. I should let you know, we were in BC last Fall and booze is unGodly expensive in Canada. Example: $17.00 for a 6 pack!!

Which cruise are you on?? We are on the June 22 Northbound on the Island Princess on the 12 day Cruise Tour.

Cheers, Kenn

So, we are going on an Alaskan Cruise tour in June 2009. We are flying from Orlando. How can we bring on our own alcohol. Do we purchase in Vancouver (doesn't sound very simple) before we board the ship or can we put small bottles within our checked luggage? What have you done in these situations. Please help us save some money. We don't want to spend money on a bunch of froo froo drinks. A simple vodka and oj or rum and diet coke will do. Thanks ahead for your advice and tips ;)

Pack some mini vodkas which you can put into a zip lock baggie. You cannot bring alcohol aboard and if they discover it they will confiscate it.

Thanks for the advice. We are leave June 15 on Coral, Northbound to Anchorage (Whittier). I'd hate for them to confiscate it so I was thinking maybe getting the little bottles and hiding them throughout. Do they really go through all our luggage like that? Would I need to put it on my customs form in Vancouver?

Can I bring bottled water and juices aboard? Maybe I can put rum or vodka in one of the bottles in the 6 pack of water. What do you think? :(

We will be celebrating our anniversary and my husbands birthday so we might bring some wine. I'm just not a big fan of wine. I get migraines sometimes from the preservatives.

:DThanks for the suggestions.

Archived