Requesting late debarkation?

bumbles

OK...first of all, is it debarkation or disembarkation?? Secondly, we have absolutely nowhere to go after leaving the ship other than picking up our rental car from the terminal and then driving to Gulfport, MS from Mobile for our flight the following day (although we will either go to the shore or to Biloxi or both.) Can I request the last debarkation time, or can we just stay on the ship until the last group?

You can probably hang around until crew members start coming around telling you to leave the ship...since the next group starts getting on sometime around 11AM, I'd say you'd have to be off by about 10AM (if all things are on time.) I don't know though...I've never stayed on that long...either gotten off when my color tag was called or did self-disembark.

Last cruise, we ate breakfast in the dining room, went back to our cabin. The steward finally dragged us out, kicking and screaming, after the second "friendly" reminder it was time to go. This was about 9:00 Am. And then, the long wait to get off. (30 minutes). :rolleyes:

Don't know if this would apply to your cruise, but we have arranged through the excursion desk to go on a tour at the disembarkation port. We had a late flight out of the nearby airport so we spent about four hours after leaving the ship in the company of the 40 or so passengers in our same situation. The tour actually ended up dropping us off at the airport for our flights.

just a suggestion but there is a great science museum right across the street from the terminal. How about once you get your rental car you store your luggage and go to the museum. Then catch a great meal somewhere between mobile and mississippi. You could also drive to biloxi and tour Thomas Jefferson's Home.

Thanks for all the advice (and English lessons!) My husband would probably love to tour Jefferson Davis' home so I'll have to search to see if that's still around!

Our ship's going into dry dock as soon as we debark - I wonder if that will change the rush to get everyone off at all.

Archived