breakfast in main dining room

traic73

Are you able to request a small table just for your party when having breakfast in the main dining room? It seems we are always placed at a table with 10 or so strangers that we have absolutely nothing in common with and have no desire to listen to their boring stories...or deal with their mis-behaving children!!! :mad: Thanks for your input.

Are you able to request a small table just for your party when having breakfast in the main dining room? It seems we are always placed at a table with 10 or so strangers that we have absolutely nothing in common with and have no desire to listen to their boring stories...or deal with their mis-behaving children!!! :mad: Thanks for your input.

If there are any open yes. They only seat in a small area for breakfast. Sometimes we have waited to sit at a table for 2 but normaly we go with the drift and just sit where they place us.

We have requested a table for 2 many times. Some mornings, especially if I haven't had coffee yet I don't want to make small talk with anyone. And, I feel sorry for the people who have to sit with me for breakfast if I haven't had coffee yet.

We've tried room service coffee and my husband has gone up to the buffet to get me a cup and brought it down to the cabin. Blllllechhhhh :eek: The dining room coffee is slightly better. Thank goodness most ships have a coffee bar where I can purchase a couple cups of decent coffee throughout the week. The only reason I like to go home is for my pillow and my own coffee ;) Sorry to go off topic, but there are definite reasons people need their own table at breakfast.

Don't even start me on the buffet, that place is a battle ground and I will get real snarky in the morning up there, better to put me in the far corner of the dining room for a while :)

We have requested a table for 2 many times. Some mornings, especially if I haven't had coffee yet I don't want to make small talk with anyone. And, I feel sorry for the people who have to sit with me for breakfast if I haven't had coffee yet.

We've tried room service coffee and my husband has gone up to the buffet to get me a cup and brought it down to the cabin. Blllllechhhhh :eek: The dining room coffee is slightly better. Thank goodness most ships have a coffee bar where I can purchase a couple cups of decent coffee throughout the week. The only reason I like to go home is for my pillow and my own coffee ;) Sorry to go off topic, but there are definite reasons people need their own table at breakfast.

Don't even start me on the buffet, that place is a battle ground and I will get real snarky in the morning up there, better to put me in the far corner of the dining room for a while :)

Happy, you sound like me on the coffee front! Besides, I like it when the bring the donuts to me and I only have to battle my boyfriend for good ones!

Happy, you sound like me on the coffee front! Besides, I like it when the bring the donuts to me and I only have to battle my boyfriend for good ones!

Question: They have DONUTS for breakfast in the dining room? What about the buffet--do they have DONUTS there also? I was on the Serenade 2 years ago but don't remember any donuts--maybe they did, but I don't recall. Thanks!

Question: They have DONUTS for breakfast in the dining room? What about the buffet--do they have DONUTS there also? I was on the Serenade 2 years ago but don't remember any donuts--maybe they did, but I don't recall. Thanks!

I DO remember them having donuts in the Windjammer and in the Main Dinning room on both the Mariner and Navigator.

Archived