Trying to Sell Spa last day!

caribbeanboy

Just got off the Liberty last Saturday and on Friday (late)afternoon there were some spa emplyees trying to get you into the Spa for massages etc.

I asked the Lady who asked me if I was intrested if business was slow and she said yes it has been very slow lately. Then I told her that maybe they have to do s.t. about the prices and I got no answer...

Just got off the Liberty last Saturday and on Friday (late)afternoon there were some spa emplyees trying to get you into the Spa for massages etc.

I asked the Lady who asked me if I was intrested if business was slow and she said yes it has been very slow lately. Then I told her that maybe they have to do s.t. about the prices and I got no answer...

s.t.?

I'm betting "s.t." is short for "some thing" or "something".

This abbreviated spelling thing is pretty funny. I've actually seen someone abbreviate "any" as "n/e". Same number of characters, harder to type.

Very efficient :)

- Steve

I'm betting "s.t." is short for "some thing" or "something".

This abbreviated spelling thing is pretty funny. I've actually seen someone abbreviate "any" as "n/e". Same number of characters, harder to type.

Very efficient :)

- Steve

I was guessing the same thing. Funny, because something is one word, so s.t. doesn't really make sense. And since the entire rest of the paragraph was unabbreviated... Well.. Anyways, they should also do s.t. about drink prices and photo prices and excursion prices as well. When I go hunting, we have to drive 8 or 10 miles for a six-pack of beer and we pay $8 for it. I pay less than 1/2 that at home. I call it woods prices, because that's what you pay for beer when you are in the woods. Well, that's what you pay for a massage at sea. It's not like you can jump on a jet ski and go get a massage or a six-pack of beer in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. So you pay what they want, or you don't. Not sure if that answered the op's question, but I'm not sure if the op had a question.

Had no question. Just wanted to share my experience.

No worries, your thread has been offically highjacked. You will be contacted within 48 hrs with instructions. Please dont attempt to contact 5-O. If you do contact 5-O you will never see your thread again:D.

Had no question. Just wanted to share my experience.

Don't mean to bust your chops, just having fun. I agree, they should lower the spa prices. In 10 cruises, we've used the spa once, and the wife paid for it. I wouldn't have..

Do you know that it costs $65 for a pedicure on the ship? That is insane. But B/F and I did it anyway because I did not have time to get one before I left. Of course I had no idea it would be that much. I will always get my pedicure before leaving on a cruise now. Massages are nice but they really do charge outrageous prices for them. Maybe with this economy they will have more spa specials. I would imagine they are slow with business with this economy.

I was guessing the same thing. Funny, because something is one word, so s.t. doesn't really make sense. And since the entire rest of the paragraph was unabbreviated... Well.. Anyways, they should also do s.t. about drink prices and photo prices and excursion prices as well. When I go hunting, we have to drive 8 or 10 miles for a six-pack of beer and we pay $8 for it. I pay less than 1/2 that at home. I call it woods prices, because that's what you pay for beer when you are in the woods. Well, that's what you pay for a massage at sea. It's not like you can jump on a jet ski and go get a massage or a six-pack of beer in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico. So you pay what they want, or you don't. Not sure if that answered the op's question, but I'm not sure if the op had a question.

Wood prices...I like that euphemism; I might steal that from you, if you don't mind ;)

Actually, you don't even need a jet ski. The ship will pull you right up to the dock of a port and you can get a great beach side massage for less than half of what the ship charges. And you are giving the money to someone who probably needs it more than the ship does... IMHO.

OK, I have understood all the abrieviations except l337, (WITWDTM?) What in the world doest that mean?:confused::):D

Google l337 (letter L 337) and you will find your answer. Evidently, it is some kind of hacker jargon or something. LOL. All the writing you saw before is leet. There is a site that will translate real English into this crap, I mean, leet. "How are you today" looks like: H0W R j00 t0d4y

Whatever. :rolleyes: Or maybe that's wH473v3R. Good God is this what we're coming to???? I guess Bill Gates could go on the road as a "You might be a Geek if..." similar to Jeff Foxworthy's act. "You might be a Geek if you can read that crap without actually having to look up its meaning..."

Oh, and to the OP, I agree with others that you pay for "convenience" on the ship. I would never use the onboard spa for massages unless the prices came WAYYYY down. I agree that the ship will deliver you to a port where you can get a massage for MUCH less. I mean, I totally understand paying $8 for beer in the woods. You have to have beer when you're shooting a deadly weapon after all. But no way I'd pay cruiseship prices for a massage.

some of us are add obviously and have a problem with staying on topic ... ignore them.

anyways!!!!! back to the topic... i will not use the spa ... only the free stuff ... if ANY ... i will get my pedicure before because 65$ for sanding my hooves (as my aunt would call it :D) ... NO THANKS

Archived