Can we take our own luggage on the ship...........

We have carried on all our luggage. The largest suitcase was bigger than an airline size carryon. It was a 27 inch suitcase. I think airline size is 21 inches. We saw lots of folks carrying on cases larger than ours.

So how did you get it through the screening process? I am only asking because we have the same size (27-30") luggage and I like to be unpack and have my cabin decorated before the rest of my group arrives.

I found this information on these boards a while ago. Someone said they found it on the RCCL web site.

Carry on-24W x16H X 30L.

My suitcase was 27 inches long. It fit in the scanner just fine. BTW this was in the port of Baltimore but since the size was listed on their site I guess all the scanners at all the ports are able to handle the same size luggage.

As someone else said, you will have to carry your cases around with you until your room is ready.

We carried on two larger bags in Ft. Lauderdale. That was OK. The same bags were not accepted in Pt. Canaveral, they had to be checked. We were told at Pt. Canaveral that the scanners there were a smaller size and could not take the bags. So, the port does matter.

Rick and Deirdra

Maybe it's just me but I am on vacation and can't wait to get rid of the bags. That's why they have porters at embarkation. Carry on a bag with your bathing suit and essentials and enjoy the ship. Please don't block the hallways and common areas with your luggage to the detriment of your fellow passengers at embarkation and even more importantly, when leaving the ship at the end of the cruise. Some folks just don't seem to think the rules apply to them when the ship returns for disembarkation.

We only carry larger bags on when we know we are late enough to can go directly to our cabin. We would never board at 11 a.m. and drag extra bags around until 1 or 1:30. We find that we can unpack quicker and get settled faster when we bring the extra bags on with us.

Rick and Deirdra

Archived