New to RCI

beastiemom

We are scheduled for a SB trip in March 10 on the Oasis. We have cruised twice before, both times on Disney, so I have a couple of questions.

We had a choice of seating or MTD. We are going with another family that has never cruised before. Can anyone explain exactly how MTD works? One of the things I enjoyed most about our Disney cruise was the wait staff and dinner. If we do MTD, we won't have the same wait staff every night, will we? And are we guaranteed sitting together? Will it be in the main dining room? There will be nine of us. Do you think I should schedule dining times instead?

We also will have kids. One of the girls will turn 12 two or three weeks before we leave, but the other will turn 12 a couple of weeks after we get back. Will they let the 12 yo with the 9-11 group? At the Adventure club, they won't let them sign themselves out, will they? Do you carry a beeper as on the Disney cruse (we will also have a 6 yo and 2 8 yo)?

In addition, we had our choice of forward or aft cabins, and Starboard or Port side? I see people here like aft. Can someone tell me why? If it is quieter, I am thinking that on the Oasis, we might be better off being in the front because of the Aqua Theatre in back. Any thoughts?

Finally, we will be sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. What other airports are within driving distance if we want to compare fares? Any recommendations for a hotel near the port for the night before.

Thank you in advance-any and all info will be helpful!

Archived