AI: Available drinks

Does anyone know if Baileys & southern comfort are free on the All inclusive menu on the Thomson celebration?

Both of these were available for a supplement of the Thomson Spirit, and I am not sure if this is the same on the celebration or if they are free.

Thanks

When I was on the Celebration, Baileys was part of AI- dont know about Southern Comfort. On the Spirit Baileys was with a supplement. When I asked why the difference, was told the Celebration was owned by a different company.

On Celebration last year both Baileys and Southern Comfort were part of the AI package.

I find it surprising that prices would differ between ships as, although the ships are owned by different companies, they are all chartered by Thomsons. Or is this just a franchise operation :confused:

I have recently returned from the Destiny Cruise. I have scanned in the bar tariff and here are the links to it.

http://greenallsclub.co.uk/Documents/Destiny_front.jpg

http://greenallsclub.co.uk/Documents/Destiny_back.jpg

Draught lager is Presidente (Dominican)

No Draught Bitter - CANS of Boddingtons instead.

Both Baileys and Southern Comfort carry an AI supplement:(

Hi there just wondering if this bar menu will be the same for the Celebrations ? My wife an I will be on the All Inclusive and we arrive on Monday 2nd March boarding at Madeira. First time on a cruise so not sure about it all, but read so many good things I am sure it will be good.

Regards

Freedom

Hi there just wondering if this bar menu will be the same for the Celebrations ? My wife an I will be on the All Inclusive and we arrive on Monday 2nd March boarding at Madeira. First time on a cruise so not sure about it all, but read so many good things I am sure it will be good.

Regards

Freedom

It will be similar but I suspect there will be the 'normal' draught beers. i.e. Stella and Boddingtons.

Hi, I think the difference in prices and what is/isn't included in AI may be due to the fact that Thomson effectively runs the Celebration (so crew are contracted to them via their agencies) and also get the on-board 'profits' whereas the other ships in their fleet are run by Louis Lines - with only the cabin-space sold by Thomson.

On our recent trip on Destiny our tickets for ship's trips definitely had 'Louis Management' printed on them. I think Thomson basically lease the ship plus its crew/management from Louis Line. (Entertainment staff excluded). The terms of the lease from HAL (Celebration) is different - Thomson lease the vessel then staff it themselves so all operational profits including drinks etc. are Thomson's.

I hope if Thomson are into leasing some newer ships in the future they get contracts like that with HAL and therefore have more direct control over all aspects of the ship - plus presumably a better profit margin. We may then see some benefits re: pricing across the board.

I have recently returned from the Destiny Cruise. I have scanned in the bar tariff and here are the links to it.

http://greenallsclub.co.uk/Documents/Destiny_front.jpg

http://greenallsclub.co.uk/Documents/Destiny_back.jpg

Draught lager is Presidente (Dominican)

No Draught Bitter - CANS of Boddingtons instead.

Geoff

looking at the menu it seems a bit of a rip off been on the AI package as we are

Thanks Geoff, Hopefully it will be different on the Celebration because of the different ownership status. Mtt was on the Celebration as recently as January, and says they were available on the AI.

Also the change from Stella to a local produced lager would stop me booking in future. I'm not a alcoholic, but like a drink on holiday, and like to know what everything will cost before the holiday starts so that there are no nasty scares at the end. I have always cruised with Thomson, and when I was on the Destiny last year they served good quality Stella.

If I wanted "locally produced" drinks, I'd go AI in Benidorm for the week, and not pay £170 extra for good quality ones on top of the price of a cruise

I hope this is not the start of cost cutting measure for Thomson or they will lose my business, and that is something I would not wish to do because we enjoy their cruises a lot.

John, I suspect that serving Presidente Lager on draught and Boddingtons in cans is due to the Destiny being in the Caribbean and difficulties in getting supplies of Stella and Boddies in kegs. Suspect things will revert to normal when Destiny returns to 'European Waters'.

Interesting ideas though on price differences depending on status of ships.

Has anyone else scanned a recent tariff off any other ship so that we can compare prices?

Geoff

Hi GeoffH,

I wasn't suggesting that there were significant price differences between the ships - rather that it may explain the difference between what's offered as part of the AI package on Celebration (as determined by Thomson) as compared with the others (as determined by Louis Lines), although there could be difference in prices too. As you say, it would be interesting to compare a recent Celebration Bar Menu to see what differences there are in terms of what's included in AI and/or prices/brand availability.

Last Septembers bar list from Celebration shows that prices have not risen since then :D

Some drinks are slightly cheaper and some slightly dearer. Celebration does have a larger selection including a range of sparkling wines. Dom Perignon £99.50 :eek:

I do like a few swift pints of the old Dom ;)

The thing that I cannot understand and bothers me quite a bit is:-

Why are there a range of spirits that cost the same price to a non-AI cruiser, but for the AI cruiser some are 'free' and some carry a supplement:confused:

There is always a supplement on Capt. Morgan Dark Rum, which is my favourite tipple (well Lamb's actually).:mad:

Captain Morgan was on the AI on Celebration!

If you look at Whisky all the 'normal' ones are on the AI and what would be premium in your local pub carry a surcharge. I guess this is to maintain the profit margins as, if the good stuff was free nobody would drink the Bells and they would soon be out of stock.

I have a free AI later this year and notice that my favorite Southern Comfort is on the AI :D

Or I could try pints of Drambui shandy!

Forgive me for being slow but is what your all saying that presidente is the only draught lager available on the all inclusive:(

Yes - on the Destiny whilst in the Caribbean.

Other ships (and probably Destiny when it returns to nearer shores) have Stella as the draught lager.

HTH

Geoff

Captain Morgan was on the AI on Celebration!

If you look at Whisky all the 'normal' ones are on the AI and what would be premium in your local pub carry a surcharge. I guess this is to maintain the profit margins as, if the good stuff was free nobody would drink the Bells and they would soon be out of stock.

One one ship (can't remember which one) they had Captain Morgan on the AI. Unfortunately it was the 'Spiced' version, which is not the same. Ever since it has not been free on the AI.

Infamy, infamy. The've all got it in for me!:(

I understand the thinking behind the whiskys, but Capt Morgan is not a premium drink; well not where I go for a drink.:rolleyes:

Geoff

Archived