Best waitstaff on the Star - who gets your recommendation

zimmerjulie

Hi All,

Before our cruises I usually log on and ask my Cruise Critic friends who their favorite waitstaff was on recent cruises to see if there is a team that we should request when we hit the dining room.

This has worked great for us in the past on Freestyle and Anytime Dining cruises. We received some excellent recommendations and had some extra special dinners due to the information!

So, did anyone make your meal extra special aboard the Star recently? If you are sailing between now and March 28, would you mind reporting back if you have a great, friendly team?

We are taking my grandmother and this may well be her last cruise due to cancer. I want it to be really special. For us, it's the people we meet that make the cruise, so having your recommendations would really give us a head start!

I know that often, with Freestyle, the servers rotate dining rooms and even go to the specialty restaurants some nights, so anyone that you met and would like to recommend would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Julie

We were on the Star last week. Anak is absolutely awesome in the main diningroom(Versailles). Steve is fantastic in Cagney's. The two of them were very attentive and entertaining!!! They made our dining experiences amazing. After the first day we requested seating in their areas.

Thanks carontori!

I'd love to hear any further recommendations!

Hi Julie,

I don't know their names but the bar staff in Red Lion were also great. I joined a group of friends there one afternoon and had fun. We ordered snack to go in Blue Lagoon and took them to the bar. No one minded and it was a lot more comfortable. The popcorn in the bar is pretty yummy too. Ian, the shopping consultant is very helpful. We had a chance one day to just chat with him, he has a great sense of humour! If you have concierge service avaiable to you, Simone is an angel. She treats each and every guest like family and will do whatever it takes to make your vacation perfect! What type of cabin do you have? If you have any specific questions, please ask.

Caron

Hi Caron,

We have an outside, obstructed view cabin, so no suite perks, but we'll get by:D.

My grandmother always talks about the two servers who took great care of us on a previous cruise. It was cute, when they got done checking in with other guests, they would always come and stand at her shoulder and talk to her and sort of watch over her. She is a joy, and probably a huge departure from the usual grouchy older passenger, so it is easy to see why they hung out with us.

I am sure that we will find lots of nice folks around the ship. We'll stop by and say hi to Ian and the folks in the pub.

I would love to hear some more recommendations for the dining staff, in case Anak and Steve aren't there when we arrive in a month or so! We will definitely ask for them.

Archived