Carnival Destiny Review 2/9/09 - 2/14/09

alphakitty

Yes, there are lots of tables. We found a table no problem, though we did get on the ship pretty early and were up for lunch before noon. The lido is not the only place to find food, there is the buffet inside, the deli and Chinese food stations and the grill with hamburgers/hot dogs/steak sandwiches and pizza and calzones available in the aft pool area.

Great review, Kitty!! Thanks so much for taking the time to write it! Beautiful pictures! TFS!

We were on the same cruise, and I just want to add a few comments:

We had a suite (Cat 11), and there was a fridge in the room. Just FYI if anyone is wondering.

As well, we had our M&G in the aft pool area. I would highly recommend heading in that direction for lunch once you arrive on the ship. We grabbed a table closer to the deli (before the M&G), and wish we would have picked somewhere a little quieter. The aft pool area has a burger place and ice cream, and lots of tables with great views. We had no trouble finding a table, and it was much less busy than the other burger place and Lido buffet area.

Thanks again for the fantastic review!

Thanks, Kitty! My group is doing this one in April, even staying at the same hotel. Great pictures too!

Yeah, what she said :p:p

Cant wait to be there April 20th...with a bunch of great people I met last October on the Legend

The review is great.. Im really thinking about the cabana a HMC. My wife and another couple are going. One question how many hours do you get for the rental? Sound like for the price it is worth it.

Once again they are calling for snow in Champaign, IL..

I need Sun and warmth and a drink of the day.

The review is great.. Im really thinking about the cabana a HMC. My wife and another couple are going. One question how many hours do you get for the rental? Sound like for the price it is worth it.

Once again they are calling for snow in Champaign, IL..

I need Sun and warmth and a drink of the day.

Glad you enjoyed the review, thanks for saying so. It makes the effort more worth it. :) So sorry to hear about the snow...it's been unreal this year here too. :(

The cabanas on HMC are yours for the whole day...as long as you are on the island. We got tender priority tickets included with our rental and got the first tender off the ship. A great bonus with the rental as most have to get tickets and wait to get off. They sent the tram to pick us up at 2:15...last tender was to be at 2:30. We thought the rental was well worth it, especially splitting the cost with another couple.

Archived