HAL Veendam S Suite - what are the perks?

upnorthguy

I love this site! We are heading on the Veendam from Tampa to the Western Carribbean this Saturday, Feb. 21/09. And we just received a free upgrade from 2 inside rooms (category MM for husband, wife and 2 kids) to S class Deluxe Verandah Suite. I'm afraid it will be tight quarters for 4 of us but the kids are 11 & 13 and I can always walk down the hall and use the bathroom by the back deck!

I can find most of the amenities/perks on the HAL website but wondering if there are more that we can look forward to.

I read somewhere that there is free wifi in the Neptune Lounge and that there may be something about a coffee card and something about the Pinnacle Grill.

I'm sure someone will reply to this before we leave in 2 days!

Thanks for the help.

Greg in Alberta.

Complimentary laundry, pressing and dry cleaning throughout your cruise

* Premium duvet, oversize bath towels and soft, cotton bathrobes and slippers

* Gorgeous corsages and boutonnieres for the first formal night

* Hors d'oeuvres served before dinner each evening on request

* Binoculars and umbrellas for your use on the cruise

* Cocktail party with ship officers

* Priority boarding for tender ports of call

* Special disembarkation service

* Priority dining and seating requests

* Exclusive daily breakfast service for suite guests only

* High tea service in suite on request

* A special Suite guest lunch event on cruises over 7 days in length

* A very special amenity exclusively for guests cruising in a Deluxe Verandah Suite or Penthouse Verandah Suite, the industry-leading Neptune Lounge features a private place to relax, socialize with other suite guests and enjoy the personalized service of a concierge. The fleet-wide lounges provide worktables, large screen television, library, sofas and chairs, refreshments throughout the day and wi-fi for a small charge. One-Touch 24-hour Concierge Service is available when the Neptune Lounge is closed.

WiFi is not free for suite guests or any guests. It is 75 cents per minute. Or buy 100 minutes for $55 plus one time start up charge of $3.95 or buy 250 minutes for $100 plus same start up charge. If you sign up first day, on some ships/sometimes you get some free extra minutes.

Coffee machine in Neptune Lounge is fabulous!

Guests in Suites can have their breakfast in Pinnacle Grill for no extra charge each morning. It is the same menu as served in the main dining room.

• 2 weeks later...

Greg:

We are booked on the Veendam for March 8 and want to know how you managed to get a free upgrade to S class. We just got a call from our travel agent offering us an upgrade to S class for an additional $800. And, by the way how was the cruise and the upgraded room and did you infact receive all the amenities/perks that were listed. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Barb

I love this site! We are heading on the Veendam from Tampa to the Western Carribbean this Saturday, Feb. 21/09. And we just received a free upgrade from 2 inside rooms (category MM for husband, wife and 2 kids) to S class Deluxe Verandah Suite. I'm afraid it will be tight quarters for 4 of us but the kids are 11 & 13 and I can always walk down the hall and use the bathroom by the back deck!

I can find most of the amenities/perks on the HAL website but wondering if there are more that we can look forward to.

I read somewhere that there is free wifi in the Neptune Lounge and that there may be something about a coffee card and something about the Pinnacle Grill.

I'm sure someone will reply to this before we leave in 2 days!

Thanks for the help.

Greg in Alberta.

I'm not Greg, but I hope he sees your post and responds.

My guess would be that HAL needed his two inside MM cabins for other guests ... so they offered him an unsold S-suite for the four of them. This gives credence to the theory that many upgrades are because the cruise line NEEDS your present cabin ...

Archived